Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-08-2024, 04:40 AM   #44101
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My parents are settling in. [...] they have to go shopping for light fixtures
The irony!
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 05:28 AM   #44102
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It's only the first Friday of the month, the rest of the month we're going on Sunday. This week was the first and it was good. My mother was craving pizza so we ordered that.

My parents are settling in. They're still waiting for a bunch of furniture and they have to go shopping for light fixtures and a coffee table. The cats are also settling in well.
Well, it sounds like the Great Retirement goes well then. I have to constantly remind myself that your parents are not MY (late) parents' ages; they're mine (age) so that I stop thinking of them as debilitated invalids, lol, in their late-80's-90's!

Quote:
My sister and I are now at the stage where we're going through our things and see what will fit in the new house, and for the things that won't fit we have to decide what we're throwing away, what we're donating and what we're putting up online to give away for free (big things that won't fit in my sister's car). This afternoon we're heading for my sister's garage and hopefully finish sorting that stuff and afterwards we're going to pick up a couple of boxes of dvds/cds/book from my storage unit to sort through next week.
Ah, reminds me I need to finish clearing out my "commercial" closets...all the biz suits, etc. that I wore and will no longer ever need. I admit it's oddly difficult to toss them.

Quote:
Looking at houses is very addictive. I've still got the app on my tablet and regularly look at apartments and houses for fun. Mind you, I always loved TV shows like BBCs Homes under the Hammer and Escape to the Country, so it shouldn't surprise me.
I was never one for those home improvement shows, so this actually did surprise me, but hey. Knowing her, it'll take her a year to find something and then, abruptly, in the space of 3 days, she'll find it, sign, move. LOL. She's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The irony!
Indeed! I was thinking the same thing.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:02 AM   #44103
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The irony!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Indeed! I was thinking the same thing.
We didn't sell a lot of light fixtures, some simple one occasionally. We did sell the light bulbs.

But my father is finding that light fixtures that fit in a high ceilinged old building won't all fit in a modern apartment. They are using the table lamps and two standing lamps. But the big globe shades (40cm+) don't fit will in a regular apartment.

In the kitchen and bathroom the former owner had build in spot lights. Which aren't my father's favourite (really, none of us like them). So he found lights that will fit into the holes in the ceiling but have a bulb protruding outward so it gives more general light. The only problem is my father didn't get a LED driver, so he needs to still get that before he can install the ceiling lights.

Then they need ceiling light fixtures. They basically want elegant looking boob lights, but all you can get in most lighting stores are either very basic, plastic ones or very modern ones that my parents don't like. For this week they have a trip planned to a store they bought the dining chairs from, they sell a lot of second hand items in parents' style, including light fixtures.

If they can't find anything they like my father said he would make them himself. Which made my mother sigh. Whilst my father can make light fixtures the chances of that happening quickly/at all are very slim.

Mind you, lighting is difficult we have found ourselves. Either it's really modern or it's a light fixture where you look straight into bulb and it's blinding, especially if it's a brighter bulb.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:41 AM   #44104
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm going through my cd collection today. See what needs to be digitized, what can be donated and what I want to keep.

I've been going through my cd, dvd and book collections these last couple of weeks. Before I started I thought I would want to save more books than dvds and cds. But it now looks like I find it easier to donate books and dvds (not a box full of each so far) and have most problem with donating cds.

At least cds take up least space of the three.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?