Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #466
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Hmmm.

I just re-registered my NG3 and the User Guide has disappeared!

Do you suppose they're proof-reading and editing it now?

Better late than never!
B & N is deleting content from customer devices?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #467
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
B & N is deleting content from customer devices?
I think the hope is they are actively revising the User Guide due to possible changes in the partitions.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #468
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think the hope is they are actively revising the User Guide due to possible changes in the partitions.
And they can't wait until the revision is available because?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #469
rcentros
Grump
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & w/GL, Kindle Basic 4 (NT), Touch, Basic 8, Sony PRS-T2, 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
And they can't wait until the revision is available because?
Does anyone actually read user guides any more?

I don't understand why they would pull the user guide while editing the new one either, but I'm guessing that's probably what they're doing.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #470
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Windows 10 tablet,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Does anyone actually read user guides any more?

I don't understand why they would pull the user guide while editing the new one either, but I'm guessing that's probably what they're doing.
Yes and hardware manuals if available.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #471
rcentros
Grump
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & w/GL, Kindle Basic 4 (NT), Touch, Basic 8, Sony PRS-T2, 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I used to, when I was young, with any new tool or electronic device, I read the manual from front to back before using it. Now I just experiment with the thing until I figure it out.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:09 AM   #472
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post

bernie
Heretic, hit random buttons until something works like everyone else

I stopped adding help files to programs at work 6 years ago and no one has noticed yet.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:16 AM   #473
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Oasis 2, Onyx T68 Lynx
Hadn't noticed there was a user guide on mine until now. I stopped reading them as they've become less and less informative. Now I figure it out on my own or Google it.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #474
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I used to, when I was young, with any new tool or electronic device, I read the manual from front to back before using it. Now I just experiment with the thing until I figure it out.
In the dim past, manuals used to have useful information. The majority I've seen in the last decade have been dumbed down to the point of uselessness. The last laptop I purchased came with a foldout unpacking sheet and a 20 page manual. Sadly of the 20 pages, 18 were various warnings and regulatory statements in multiple languages. Which USB ports are what? Hit the web for that. JFGI seems to be the popular manual these days.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #475
Larla
Groupie
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I have a question: what good is 6 gb of book storage if you have to set up all of the thousands of books you have into shelves? I guess I'm really spoiled with my Glo HD and via Calibre all of my books are put nicely into collections with virtually no work at all.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #476
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
I have a question: what good is 6 gb of book storage if you have to set up all of the thousands of books you have into shelves? I guess I'm really spoiled with my Glo HD and via Calibre all of my books are put nicely into collections with virtually no work at all.
But then the Nook was never good at that in the first place. Nobody was expecting B&N to revamp their whole OS.

The 6GB of non-partitioned storage was advertised as a feature even when the device went on sale and since the previous model did away with partitioning there was no reason to expect its return.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM   #477
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
If you want to use shelves/collections the Nook wouldn't be great to set up I agree. I don't use collections on my Kobo though as I don't feel the need, I just search for what I want by title, author or series name. Don't know how good the Nook is for that...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #478
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
...I don't use collections on my Kobo though as I don't feel the need, I just search for what I want by title, author or series name. Don't know how good the Nook is for that...
That's how I use both my Kobo and how I used my Nook. Search works fine as expected, though I don't remember if you could search by series name. I suspect you couldn't. I don't read series much, but I don't remember the Nook having much support for series.

Of course, that was years ago. It may have changed.