Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Is 0.9.1 the latest version of Flight Crew?

I just updated my Epub check plugin to 4.0, and now I'm wondering if I should be updating my Flight Crew check? Currently I have Sigil 0.9.5 and the Flight Crew is 0.9.1. Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should be using epubcheck 4.0.2. That is the current version. FlightCrew has not been updated in a very long time and is not as good as epubchck at catching errors.

If you do want to run both, take epubcheck as your final word if things disagree.

As for what version, 0.9.2 is the latest version. https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/flightcrew/releases
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Gregg, the Plugin Index thread (stickied in the Sigil Plugins subforum), will have a link that will take you to each plugin's dedicated thread/page. The very first post in a plugin's thread will have the latest version info and a download (or link to a download)for that latest version of said plugin.

Sigil Plugins Subforum

Sigil Plugin Index

Flightcrew Plugin Release page

The zip file with "unx" in the file-name is the one you want for Linux.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should be using epubcheck 4.0.2. That is the current version. FlightCrew has not been updated in a very long time and is not as good as epubchck at catching errors.

If you do want to run both, take epubcheck as your final word if things disagree.

As for what version, 0.9.2 is the latest version. https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/flightcrew/releases
I thought 4.0 was the latest epubcheck.

Maybe I should be updating everything: Sigil, Epubcheck, Flight crew. Does Epubcheck and Flightcrew automatically get updated when Sigil gets updated?

Anyway, these are the plugins I've got.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_115.png
Views:	150
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	158885  
Old 09-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Gregg, the Plugin Index thread (stickied in the Sigil Plugins subforum), will have a link that will take you to each plugin's dedicated thread/page. The very first post in a plugin's thread will have the latest version info and a download (or link to a download)for that latest version of said plugin.

Sigil Plugins Subforum

Sigil Plugin Index

Flightcrew Plugin Release page

The zip file with "unx" in the file-name is the one you want for Linux.
Thanks Diap. That simplifies things. But I'm wondering if I'm overcomplicating things. Maybe you can help me. I'm a novelist turning an .odt into an .html in LibreOffice. Then I'm cleaning up the .html in the Linux text editor Kate. Then I'm opening the .html in Sigil and of course turning it into an .epub there. And it will go on to be an ebook on Amazon.

So this is what I have so far:

Sigil 0.9.5
And the attachment for the plugins.

I was pretty satisfied with what I had. Which was the above but I had 0.3.9 for the epub check plugin and I updated it just recently.

What's a good way for me to go? Update Sigil? Or just update the plugins? I know this is kind of vague but I'm just trying to get Sigil in shape for the next book I'm about to format in it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_115.png
Views:	145
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	158886  
Old 09-06-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Update Sigil and the plugins.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... but only if you WANT to.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Thanks guys. I think I will update Sigil. Which leads to, where am I getting the latest version of Sigil for Xubuntu? And also I was under the impression I had the latest version of epub check at 4.0. That was what was in the epubcheck plugin post on MR. Is there a 4.0.2 and if there is where do I get that? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks guys. I think I will update Sigil. Which leads to, where am I getting the latest version of Sigil for Xubuntu? And also I was under the impression I had the latest version of epub check at 4.0. That was what was in the epubcheck plugin post on MR. Is there a 4.0.2 and if there is where do I get that? Thanks.
I think you're confusing the version number of the Sigil Plugin with the version number of EpubCheck itself.

EpubCheck is a standalone java program (currently at v4.0.2).

The latest version of the Sigil plugin is v0.4.0 ... and the plugin currently utilizes EpubCheck v4.0.2.

As to the latest version of Sigil for Xubuntu; I'm not sure how you installed the version of Sigil you currently have.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think you're confusing the version number of the Sigil Plugin with the version number of EpubCheck itself.

EpubCheck is a standalone java program (currently at v4.0.2).

The latest version of the Sigil plugin is v0.4.0 ... and the plugin currently utilizes EpubCheck v4.0.2.

As to the latest version of Sigil for Xubuntu; I'm not sure how you installed the version of Sigil you currently have.
Thanks Diap. Yes, I was confusing the Epubcheck. So, good, I have the latest Epubcheck (the 0.4.0 plugin). Now all I need is the latest Flight Crew, which I should be able to get. And I got the 0.9.5 Sigil from one of your posts here on MR. (It was very easy.) So if you could point me to that post, I should be good. Thanks.

And I can't get the checksum validation to work on the Flight Crew 0.9.2. I've downloaded the file three times and I keep getting this afterwards:

Code:
6a2b97282336d16929852116f61652b7  FlightCrew_v0.9.2unx.zip
when I should be getting:

Code:
0e5184aed9c17b3089c050aa894c6d2914af4496fa46e971afc34108efe69b35  FlightCrew_v0.9.2unx.zip
So I haven't added it yet. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Or should I just add it without the checksum validation? Thanks.

Last edited by Gregg Bell; 09-07-2017 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Added checksum stuff
Old 09-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #11
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
You are using the wrong checksum function. You want to use sha256 not sha1 or md5.
On your version of linux try sha256sum. It should be part of coreutils.

Last edited by KevinH; 09-07-2017 at 06:50 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #12
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
You are using the wrong checksum function. You want to use sha256 not sha1 or md5.
On your version of linux try sha256sum. It should be part of coreutils.
Thanks Kevin. That did it.