Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-03-2023, 04:18 PM   #1
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
Can't open second book in a new window

I cannot open more than one e-book at the same time with the calibre ebook-viewer. Whenever I try to open a second book, the ebook-viewer symbol appears in the doc on my Mac, but just for a second. Then the e-book opens with the other – already open – e-book viewer. (I tried it with EPUB format with books that have only one format.)

I know it used to work for me in the past by opening another window, but I can't remember when I used this feature successfully the last time.

I am using macOS Ventura 13.5.1 with a 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 and an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB.
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 06:42 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-04 083819.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	203528

Make sure that's unchecked.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2023, 05:29 AM   #3
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote