Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #16
eBookNoir
eBookNoir began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here's a question, tweaked my ePub in sigil, had originally designed it in ID CS5, more headaches, so I cleaned it up in sigil. Anyways, wanted to keep my styles i set for chapter titles/headings, so I didn't use their toc. For iBookstore, the ePub looks great, everything works, toc is there, all good.

The author also wants it on kindle, so I knew kindlegen could take the ePub and turn it into a mobi file, did that, all was wonderful until i realized it ignored the toc. So i built it from scratch, added a toc.xhtml file to the oebps file in the text folder with the rest of the chapters. edited the opf file according to the kindle guidelines, the newest ones and left the original toc.ncx in the epub, others told me now worries and still pass epub validation.

So, i use kindlegen, and immediately it errors and tells me that there is an opfparser error no manifest tag found...

I know this is long, but stay with me, why is it not seeing the manifest tag? it's there, followed the guidelines, nothing is working, hitting the wall and need to finish this by tomorrow and that's all i have left. Any suggestions?

Also, i know you can right click and there is the add semantics table of contents, haven't seen anyone actually talk about using it though, plus or negatives?

Last edited by eBookNoir; 09-23-2010 at 01:01 AM.
eBookNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #17
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I think your question would be better placed in the mobi forum, since it doesn't really have anything to do with the epub. We'd really need to see the opf file to work out what's causing the error.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert