Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-29-2023, 07:50 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Kindle scribe-Stylus

Thought to let people know. if you have a samsung tablet the pen for the S7 and S8 works great on the Kindle Scribe
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:41 AM   #2
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
If the Pen for the S7 / S8 works, maybe the "STAEDTLER Noris Digital" works too on them. Its really cheap & works great. i Use the nibs for them & the "STAEDTLER Noris Digital mini" for my Onyx Boox Nova Air and i really like it.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2023, 04:07 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Thought to let people know. if you have a samsung tablet the pen for the S7 and S8 works great on the Kindle Scribe
Thanks, I will keep it in mind if I manage to lose the one that came with my Scribe. I don't suppose there are any 3rd party styluses with a button/eraser like the Premium Pen?

Though honestly I am not finding the lack of same on the regular one any great inconvenience.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 04:41 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Interesting. Never thought about trying that, since the S8 stylus is powered. Maybe it is only powered so the tablet can nag you if you leave it behind.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:28 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Interesting. Never thought about trying that, since the S8 stylus is powered. Maybe it is only powered so the tablet can nag you if you leave it behind.
I think there are two versions: one with Bluetooth (S Pen Pro Edition), and one without (S Pen Fold Edition). The latter does not need power, just as with Scribe's Pen.

It looks like there are knock-off versions of the S Pen Fold on Amazon for less than $20. Those should work with Scribe too.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-01-2023 at 07:24 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2023, 06:52 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Wacom pens do need power, it's just it's from the host, not a battery. A Wacom EMR without Bluetooth won't have a battery. Similarly an MS Surface / Kobo pen (incompatible with Scribe) can have BT for "One Note" and often needs a second battery, but the Kobo, like the Scribe, doesn't use BT functions in a pen and it's optional even on MS Surface.

There are a few pens that do MS/Kobo protocol and ALSO Wacom EMR.

Apple of course uses a different system, but there are good cheap 3rd party Pencils.

There are at least two Wacom systems that are incompatible. Older serial/USB sketching pads, tablets and laptop screens use the original Wacom, not Wacom EMR. Both kinds of Wacom I've used do seem to come in variable numbers of buttons and the original top "eraser" was simply a broader tip pressure sensitive input (on the pad) that could have an erase function, not a user button.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:00 AM   #7
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have several samsung tablets i never use the stylus. I use the tablets mainly for streaming TV I just decided to try the stylus out of the blue on the scribe and worked great and I did not need to charge them. I only going to use it as a back up th in case i run out of scribe nibs
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote