Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
del.libro
del.libro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Index: replace generic links with page numbers

I'm converting an epub to PDF in Calibre. I want to print the PDF. I've got everything looking the way I want except for the index.

The index entries are followed by hyperlinked greater-than signs. Is there any way in Calibre (or plugin for it) or an external tool that can replace these with the number of the page in the PDF?

Obviously the needed information is accessible: Calibre does this (convert a link to a page to the page number) with the "Add a printable Table of Contents at the end" option.

I just need a way to process the pages of the index to do (more or less) the same thing.

Thanks,
Cary
del.libro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
del.libro
del.libro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I should've mentioned that I have some coding skills (just very rusty these days), but no knowledge of the internals of PDF. So, if someone has some ideas for how to go about writing something to do this and is willing to point me in the right direction, that would be great too!

-Cary
del.libro is offline   Reply With Quote