Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
wtf is nas-libs I have tried installing libsdl1.2debian-nas and get the same error message, libsdl1.2debian-all is even worse as it does not even give an error message. Why Sigil should need any audio library beats me.

Internet search shows no such deb package as nas-libs. Only links to download other unwanted crap.

Why can Sigil not produce a proper installer (deb and rpm) that resolves dependencies?
nas-libs is listed in Synaptic for Ubuntu Natty.

Did you use the 64 bit installer (me only have 32 bit HW )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #62
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
wtf is nas-libs I have tried installing libsdl1.2debian-nas and get the same error message, libsdl1.2debian-all is even worse as it does not even give an error message. Why Sigil should need any audio library beats me.
Try libaudio2 or nas : http://packages.debian.org/sid/libaudio2

It's not Sigil, it's libQtGui that's linked against libaudio.so.2; could be that user_none grabs the libs from whatever Linux distro he runs, and that distro links against libaudio.so.2.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #63
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Finally figured out this issue.

The dictionary I was using is unicode compatible, but to make the spellchecker recognise the curly quotes, em-dashes, etc, you also need the GB English hyphen .dic file. For some reason it wasn't in the file I downloaded so I went to the LibreOffice site and downloaded their latest English language .oxt file and extracted the following files: en_GB.aff, en_GB.dic and hyph_en_GB.dic.

After installing all three of them into Sigil's dictionary folder, they now seem to be working correctly.
Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Seriously, I could keep going forever. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am. This thing was driving me completely insane. You are a Big Chief Lion Killer.

(and thanks also to meme for the FAQ update)
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #64
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Well, the good news is that ghostyjack's solution fixed the problem of recognizing apostrophes. The bad news is, it still doesn't like hyphens or dashes. I've tried with both the LibreOffice US dictionary & the LibreOffice GB dictionary. Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #65
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Try the OpenOffice ones, linked from the FAQ to see if they're any different.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #66
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak
Why Sigil should need any audio library beats me.
I don't know... to play audio files that people keep embedding in EPUB files...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak
Why can Sigil not produce a proper installer (deb and rpm) that resolves dependencies?
Distro specific packing is up to your distro. Complain to them if you don't want to provide a Sigil package. The Linux installer is just a connivence. Really since you're on Linux you should be building it yourself. build-essential, libqt4-dev, and cmake are the only packages necessary to build it on Ubuntu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
It's not Sigil, it's libQtGui that's linked against libaudio.so.2; could be that user_none grabs the libs from whatever Linux distro he runs, and that distro links against libaudio.so.2.
Ubuntu 11.04. I'm not building Qt myself but as Ahmad Samir said using the distro provided Qt. I guess I'll have to start building my own version to ensure there are no extra deps that sneak in...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #67
ElMiko
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Try the OpenOffice ones, linked from the FAQ to see if they're any different.
None of these links work
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/...Z.2CUS.2CZA.29

and the US dictionary doesn't have a hyphen file
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko
and the US dictionary doesn't have a hyphen file
This one does. It has the hyphen-file for the US and GB dictionaries. I just downloaded it and used it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #69
ElMiko
Addict

Thank you, DD. This one also appears not to handle em/en dashes, so it looks like that's just something I'm going to have to live with. It's still a damn sight better than what it used to be!

Again, thanks for looking for something.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
Thank you, DD. This one also appears not to handle em/en dashes, so it looks like that's just something I'm going to have to live with. It's still a damn sight better than what it used to be!

Again, thanks for looking for something.
That dictionary recognizes em/en dashes just fine for me.
(assuming, of course, that the word before and/or after the dash are valid dictionary words.)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #71
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
Try libaudio2 or nas : http://packages.debian.org/sid/libaudio2

Ok libaudio2 did it thank you. Now I just need to sort out the dictionary , ideally I would like to turn it off, or failing that get it to use the three common languages I already have set up in Libreoffice. Why I should have to copy already installed dictionary files into Sigil config beats me, every other app that needs dictionaries is quite happy to use the globally installed ones.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #72
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Bug Report-Inserting new file causes Sigil to stop working

Under Vista:

I successfully inserted 5 new files into a blank document. When I try to insert the sixth hmtl file sigil stops working.

Attached are files involved. The chapter 6 html file is zipped so it can be uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: epub defenceofuk-wwII.epub (306.2 KB, 169 views)
File Type: zip chapter6.zip (23.0 KB, 132 views)
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #73
ElMiko
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That dictionary recognizes em/en dashes just fine for me.
(assuming, of course, that the word before and/or after the dash are valid dictionary words.)
It's an international conspiracy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 180.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	81771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 181.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	81772  
Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #74
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
It's an international conspiracy...
You might be using the incorrect version of the dictionary files - The ones from OOo that I suggested user_none use, do support en/em dashes and fancy apostrophes for US English.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #75
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Looks like mdash has a problem.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote