Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0b View Post
Is it really necessary to actually use Greek alphabet letter to indicate beta version in installer name?
I like that attribute
There is absolutely NO doubt, that I am running a version with possible gottchas
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
You have a personal grudge against Greek letters?

Every OS that Sigil supports is Unicode-aware.
chartreuse bidet alert. (Does this mean that the topic we're discussing is douche-worthy?)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #33
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Sigil 4.0 beta 3

After some editing of contents.opf and toc.ncx I have produced my first ePub with Sigil 4.0. The TOC appears on upload and is correct and symantics work.

Is there a sequence to operations recommended for 4.0?

Where I first load a html file the only the filename.htm is showing in the Book Browser. Flight Crew reports it as an invalid URL as it is apparently looking for xhtml files. I rename it as cover.xhtml and that error goes away.

After I split the file (f6), Flight Crew reports all Chapters as non-existant since all are still named as Sections in the Book Browser. As I rename each section, these reported errors go away.

While you are making major changes could a simple change be made to the Book Browser menu? Remove and Rename are adjacent. It would be very nice of you to move the REMOVE selection to the bottom of the menu.

It also would be nice if the beta version were contained in the ABOUT window

Good work. All good things come to he who waits.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #34
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

While you are making major changes could a simple change be made to the Book Browser menu? Remove and Rename are adjacent. It would be very nice of you to move the REMOVE selection to the bottom of the menu.
I'll second that one, Bro! Many a time, I've been ->| |<- that close to deleting a file instead of renaming. Thank goodness for the "are you really sure" prompt, before it actually deletes!

Us old fogeys ( me, not you!) who type and click faster than we read need all the help we can get.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 AM   #35
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Where I first load a html file the only the filename.htm is showing in the Book Browser. Flight Crew reports it as an invalid URL as it is apparently looking for xhtml files. I rename it as cover.xhtml and that error goes away.

After I split the file (f6), Flight Crew reports all Chapters as non-existant since all are still named as Sections in the Book Browser. As I rename each section, these reported errors go away.
This should not happen. Report it.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 AM   #36
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This should not happen. Report it.
Issue 823.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #37
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
How do you turn off the "clean as you go" feature?(Beta 3 Win7 x64) Tidy on or off makes no difference - in CV you can't cut&paste without the error window appearing. It won't even allow you open another window (an editor used to store cut&paste data) without creating an error.

Example: I inserted an <i> in he text stream and then tried to paste the </i>. The second I clicked the right mouse button at the insertion point, the error message pops up. Clicking the "Manual Fix" button puts you in an ever ending loop until you manually type in the info.

Another strange result: In he above scenario I clicked the auto fix while editing the first paragraph. In one instance it placed the </i> the end of he current paragraph and placed "sgc-1" in every class statement for the rest of the chapter. In every other instance it placed he <i>&</i> at the beginning and end of each paragraph.

Regard - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #38
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Example: I inserted an <i> in he text stream and then tried to paste the </i>. The second I clicked the right mouse button at the insertion point, the error message pops up. Clicking the "Manual Fix" button puts you in an ever ending loop until you manually type in the info.
What OS are you running?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #39
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
What OS are you running?
Windows 7 64bit. Can try 32bit sigil if you want.

Regards - John
P.S. After validating, I removed some image files and decided using sigil was to slow so I unzipped and removed them manually. Went back to sigil and re-validated. An error was generated for each file manually removed (including the "href" errors which had been removed long since and was the reason I was removing the image files.)

Validating with V3.4 Windows 7 in 32bit mode (running both on same computer) validates without error.

Last edited by Jabby; 03-26-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: add to
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #40
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Small changes to beta

Valloric,

If you're working on toc.ncx, a cr/lf between records would make is much easier to read.

Also Alt F3 is exceedingly close to Alt F4. A couple of times I have shut Sigil down instead of viewing the toc.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #41
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Valid URI

Sigil 4.0 beta 3 reports the following errors from Flight Crew although Sigil 3.4 accepts them with no problems.

Code:
The <item> element's "href" attribute value is "Text/How He Left the Hotel.xhtml", which is not a valid URI.

The <item> element's "href" attribute value is "Text/Many Waters Cannot Quench Love.xhtml", which is not a valid URI.
Which version of Flight Crew is correct? Can a file name now have no spaces?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #42
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Response to Issue #824

Quote:
You have to push the Generate toc button after you do the split to update the NCX. Sigil will not update it for you. Remember, users now have the ability to edit the NCX by hand and Sigil cannot assume you want your TOC overwritten.
This is very interesting. I have finally experimented with a file to see when the toc.ncx automatically updates and now understand how you put things together.

Since looking in detail at the toc.ncx, it would seem that the only changes that can be made is to the TEXT entry and the sequence. Changing src would seem wrong but can be done. Trying to use &nbsp; to force an indent doesn't work.

Also version 4.0 loads the first files (title page, and table of contents) out of sequence and when I move them into proper sequence a "push" of the Generate toc button is needed to update the toc.ncx.

It would seem that a better approach for the user is to have a "do not update toc" button and otherwise use full auto update.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #43
Valloric

Quote:
Sigil 4.0 beta 3 reports the following errors from Flight Crew although Sigil 3.4 accepts them with no problems.

Code:
The <item> element's "href" attribute value is "Text/How He Left the Hotel.xhtml", which is not a valid URI.

The <item> element's "href" attribute value is "Text/Many Waters Cannot Quench Love.xhtml", which is not a valid URI.
Which version of Flight Crew is correct? Can a file name now have no spaces?
Create an issue with the file attached. The errors reported are correct (spaces need to be percent-encoded), but if one version of FC ignores this, something wonky is going on.

Quote:
Also version 4.0 loads the first files (title page, and table of contents) out of sequence
Create an issue and attach the epub for which the content files are loaded out of sequence.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #44
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Create an issue with the file attached. The errors reported are correct (spaces need to be percent-encoded), but if one version of FC ignores this, something wonky is going on.
Issue #832

Quote:
Create an issue and attach the epub for which the content files are loaded out of sequence.
As soon as I hit it again.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #45
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Merge with previous

Did that disappeared? I cant find the "merge with previous"... this was very helpful for me.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote