Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-25-2020, 04:17 PM   #16
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I do the same thing when I delete unneeded files.
Count me in too.

That said, a beep won't kill me, as I have my sound turned low most of the time. A pop-up would be a lot more annoying.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:41 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Count me in too.

That said, a beep won't kill me, as I have my sound turned low most of the time. A pop-up would be a lot more annoying.
An option to have the beep or not would solve this problem. Those few (or one) that want the beep can have it and the rest of us can have the beep off.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #18
max-min
max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.max-min has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: touch lux
Another solution : made a different default shortcut for "delete file" (could be shift-delete, for example) ?
With maybe an entry in prefs-shortcuts, for those who want to keep the same as before ?
max-min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by max-min View Post
Another solution : made a different default shortcut for "delete file" (could be shift-delete, for example) ?
With maybe an entry in prefs-shortcuts, for those who want to keep the same as before ?
All that's needed is the configurable shortcut, it would default to the Del key (no sound or confirm popup), but you would change it to Shift+Del.

Because Del is next to the numpad Enter I often hit it inadvertently, so I changed the book list Remove book shortcut to Shift+Del for similar reasons.

I'm of the view that a confirm popup should always be available on file deletes, especially if they can't be restored directly from the OS trash can.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote