Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #31
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: iPad
@nimapourkarimi. Series numbers should be synced now.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:21 PM   #32
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
@karl1c Thank you so much, it works perfectly.
Advert
Old 04-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #33
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

If you're using this plugin, please leave a comment to say whether it works for you. (A simple 'Works for me' is sufficient.)

Obviously, if something is wrong, give me more details. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #34
radw
radw began at the beginning.

This worked for all my epubs (1300+). Spit out a bunch of errors at first, some kind of I/O disk stuff, and a couple others, but when I closed and reopened it a few times everything seems to be working great. This was a lifesaver, really hated having to find convoluted ways to try and get my books on my iPad until I found this. I can't wait for some of the other features you mentioned, hope it's going smoothly.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:52 AM   #35
karl1c
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by radw View Post
I can't wait for some of the other features you mentioned, ...
Unfortunately, I’m reconsidering my position on this. After hundreds of downloads I’ve not had one donation or offer of help. Supporting other users of the plugin takes time and effort that I could be putting to better use.

I see the I/O error you mention if I don’t restart KyBook3 after syncing.

Thank you for the feedback :-)
Advert
Old 05-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #36
karl1c
Connoisseur

Apologies for my recent silence—I’ve be working on the next release of KyBook3 Sync, which will be made available to those who have donated £1 or more.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #37
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Ah, so I'm out of luck. Since I live in Iran and we're under heavy sanctions by the US government and EU, and the companies based in the US and Europe, paypal included. I can't even reach the site, let alone opening an account.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #38
keatonkeaton
keatonkeaton began at the beginning.

Device: iPad with KyBook 3
Just wanted to say thank you for the plugin and it has been working great. I've only used it today but I've been able to sync multiple formats without any errors. I donated what I could today and hope to more in the future to help further development. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2019, 02:57 PM   #39
t27man89
t27man89 began at the beginning.

KyBook3 Sync Works great! I donated what I could.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #40
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Hello Carl1c,
I tested your plugin and find it really great, but...
First of all: I have lots of books as epub and same books as mobi. Others are pdfs, so i changed in the kybook-sync-prefs to send only epub and pdf.
Syncing began quickly and after a while i realized that it synced all books, didn't respect the prefs. It synced epub and mobi! I stopped syncing, deleted the mobi in kybook3, removed all mobi from calibre and started syncing again.
But now no book is getting synced. In calibre the sync was marked as "Done" in about 2mins without having sent anything.
So i tried restarting my Mac, started calibre, tried to sync another time without luck. Most times i get an error like "Did you start content-server on kybook3" or sync tells "Done" without syncing. Via Web-browser the sync to kybook3 works fast, so its not a problem of my network.
I use calibre 3.48.0, your sync-plugin is 1.0.11.
Is there anything i can provide to get it working again?
Many thanks!
Old 05-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #41
rdread
rdread began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
works for me, still in development?

Hi Karl, the app is working for me. Are you still developing this? I'd like to donate and get the current update if possible. How will you know its me when I donate?

Thanks for making this, its tough to find a sweet spot in keeping the ipad sinc'd with Calibre.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:49 AM   #42
igorius
Zealot

Yes, would be nice to know...
It would be a great enhancement if the reading status would be synced too.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #43
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Is there anyway that I could sync progress from koreader to Calibre via this plugin? Then have this take care of updating the iOS kybook 3 device? Also if I advanced on kybook 3 could it sync to Calibre and somehow get back to the Paperwhite running koreader? Many thanks !
Old 09-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #44
igorius
Zealot

Dead cow?

Now 1 year without any answer of questions, no feature-adding... Seems to be a dead cow? Would be a lastima, its a great plugin.
I dont have any clue in programming plugins, so i cant help here, but it would be great to know if there is anything we can do to help!
Old 09-25-2020, 09:07 AM   #45
aneghosh
aneghosh began at the beginning.

Device: iOS
Hi, I am a new member to the forum and quite interested to know the ongoing developments for kybook3. I installed Kybook 3 in my ipad and iPhone. But I am not able to set up sync as I get an error message as follows. Is this a known issue? Any workarounds available if you can assist me?

"The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be
connecting to a server that is pretending to be "app.kybook-
reader.com" which could
put your confidential information at
risk."
Closed Thread