Notices

Old 11-09-2020, 04:59 AM   #2386
Barruel
Enthusiast
Barruel began at the beginning.

Device: 3 x Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3 Manga Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, it is possible to force a full conversion when doing a send-to-device. In fact, this is a function built-in to calibre. If you send a book to a device, and you do not have a format the device support, then the book will be converted before sending it. The driver for each device has a list of supported devices. Changing this, will change what is sent.

For Kobo devices, as they do support epubs, you have to change the configuration in the driver to not include epubs and have kepub at the top of the list of supported formats. You also need to install the Kepub Output plugin and Kepub Metadata writer plugin. After that, any epub sent to a Kobo device will be converted to kepub before sending to the device. This conversion will use the default conversion options. The kepub will be added to the library. If you send the book to a Kobo device again, the kepub version will be used.
Thanks.

I tried to convert all my epubs to kepubs, but it was slow and there were a number of books not being converted due to obfuscation key errors.

In the end, I converted all my epubs to epubs so the default conversion settings are applied and then I'll let the driver add the kepub bits when sending to the device. Epub to epub conversion is much faster than epub to kepub conversion and there are no obfuscation key errors.
Barruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:22 AM   #2387
hecq
Enthusiast
hecq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I just found out about this driver and I'm very excited. I just tried it however, and the font in the book is much smaller than I can read. I don't see the usual font setting to adjust the font size. How do I make the font bigger on the Kobo (Clara HD)?
hecq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:52 AM   #2388
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecq View Post
I just found out about this driver and I'm very excited. I just tried it however, and the font in the book is much smaller than I can read. I don't see the usual font setting to adjust the font size. How do I make the font bigger on the Kobo (Clara HD)?
The font scaling used for kepubs means they are smaller than for an epub when using the same setting. But, the font settings are changed in exactly the same way. The font icon should be in the top menu bar when you display it when reading. I don't think I have ever heard of it not being there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:59 AM   #2389
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
The font scaling used for kepubs means they are smaller than for an epub when using the same setting. But, the font settings are changed in exactly the same way. The font icon should be in the top menu bar when you display it when reading. I don't think I have ever heard of it not being there.
If you use Kobo Utilities, it also offers slightly more finegrained control over the font size.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:22 AM   #2390
hecq
Enthusiast
hecq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Nevermind... It was converting to PDF before sending for some reason. I tweaked the formats list in the plugin and it eventually stopped converting to PDF before kepub. Still not sure how it happened, but it works now!
hecq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #2391
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I modify the collections on the device, is there any way to get them back to the #kobocoll column aside from manually changing them?

Thank you
Old 11-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #2392
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If I modify the collections on the device, is there any way to get them back to the #kobocoll column aside from manually changing them?

Thank you
I think Kobo utilities can set a calibre column to the list of collections.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:22 AM   #2393
Sipo
Sipo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hi, all. Since I upgraded my Kobo H2O to 4.24.15676 my plugins for KePub broke in Calibre 4.7.

So I downloaded and installed Calibre 5.1.2 as suggested and the attached files from this thread: KePub Metadata Reader (3.2.9), KePub Metadata Writer (3.2.12), and KoboTouchExtended (3.4.1).

I don't get any error codes now when I send my epubs to the device and the files are recognized as "Kobo Epub" but I can't display the statistics and the other features I used to do. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Sipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:37 AM   #2394
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Maybe you are looking for this hidden setting:
Code:
 [FeatureSettings]
 BookSpecificStats=true
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #2395
Sipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Maybe you are looking for this hidden setting:
Code:
 [FeatureSettings]
 BookSpecificStats=true
I tried to insert that line in the Kobo eReader.conf but it did not help me. I still can't see statistics or adjust the fonts in the ebooks like I was able to before the upgrade.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #2396
Sipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipo View Post
I tried to insert that line in the Kobo eReader.conf but it did not help me. I still can't see statistics or adjust the fonts in the ebooks like I was able to before the upgrade.
Lol, I just noticed that the info does not show on the first page with the cover. My bad. It works now. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:40 PM   #2397
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipo View Post
Hi, all. Since I upgraded my Kobo H2O to 4.24.15676 my plugins for KePub broke in Calibre 4.7.
I very much doubt they actually broke. There would have been a warning about the change in firmware version. Following the instructions in that warning is completely safe.
Quote:
So I downloaded and installed Calibre 5.1.2 as suggested and the attached files from this thread: KePub Metadata Reader (3.2.9), KePub Metadata Writer (3.2.12), and KoboTouchExtended (3.4.1).
No, installing calibre 5.1.2 was only a recommendation when calibre 5.1 came out and quite a few plugins, including these did not work. A lot of work was done to solve these problems, and 5.1.2 was the fixed version. If you are updating calibre, you should update to the latest version. That is version 5.5 and is working fine with all my Kobo devices.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #2398
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Did anyone else have KoboTouchExtended delete itself from Calibre when upgrading to 5.5? Reinstalling fixed it but it's strange.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:12 PM   #2399
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Did anyone else have KoboTouchExtended delete itself from Calibre when upgrading to 5.5? Reinstalling fixed it but it's strange.
This is something that has been happening occasionally. The first time calibre is started after an upgrade, the plugin doesn't load. Sometimes restarting calibre is enough for it to work. Other times, you need to install it again.

There has been a suggestion that it is related to the when some modules are loaded. I did play with this when we had the problem with calibre 5.1. But, it looks like I deleted the changes I made. I'll have to dig up the notes again.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #2400
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'm just glad that deleting a plugin doesn't also delete the settings. That would be very annoying otherwise.

Tags
error, kobo aura one