Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 05:13 AM   #1
jegrjegr
jegrjegr began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Question Can only see 5 folders on dropbox

When I connect to my dropbox, where alle my calibre db's are stored in one folder, I only get the choice of 5 (random?) folders of my dropbox, but not the correct one.
Moving a calibre db to one of the 5 visible folders make the system work ok - but I would really like to keep my db's in the original place, and not in some random folder.
If I try to rename one of the 5 visible, it also disappears and leave me with 4.

Any suggestions ?

Jesper Gram
jegrjegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #2
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
I have the same issue. I will give me only 5 folders and if I select one of these I will give me >20 more folder if that initial folder has more folders in it.

Authenticating Dropbox was no problem.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2022, 02:02 AM   #3
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Calibre Companion is essentially unsupported both by original author and by person who bought it from original author at this time.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
To be fair, there is no obligation for the original authors to support any version of CC, let alone the versions released after the sale (in fact, that code is copyrighted by the new owner).

A shame, yes. Not much we can do about it, but put out the word: Unsupported.
But that is usually too late, as they find MR when looking for support.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 09:42 PM   #5
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It interesting for how much new owner agrees to do just opensource CC if he really lost any interest in it. May be it's possible to get some crowfunding campaing for this?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
It interesting for how much new owner agrees to do just opensource CC if he really lost any interest in it. May be it's possible to get some crowfunding campaing for this?
as in " lets collect load of money and give it all to the guy who bought the CC code and screwed it all up, to get him to share / give back

count me out.

leave him to gaze lovingly at the now useless code and think " mine, all MINE"

PS good to see the new warning sticky at top of forum, finally.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre companion, dropbox