Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Moon reader image size question, stuff gets enlarged

Not sure what forum to ask this in ,as there isn't one dedicated to the moon reader app...

I have noticed that with some books rendered in moon, a small image , like a twiddly scene break image, or a start of chapter image gets enormously resized. So much so that in some cases, reading 2 page landscape, the image disappears as it will not fit a page. ( Rotating device to portrait reveals the. Now-huge image

E.g. a scene break image which is supposed to be say just 2 lines deep becomes as big as half a screen .

I am asking if anyone knows the exact trigger for such resizing. I suspect it comes from having an attribute of "auto" in the relevant src CSS.

I would like a simple way to zap it away or to substitute a new property that forces such images to say small, like they do in most other renderers ( a book with a problematic images in moon will look fine on a kindle or a kobo - it is a quirk or bug in how moon does stuff )

If someone has already studied this , it will save me much trial and error.. it's only in a small percentage of books but is most annoying when it happens.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Moved to the Android forum.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I don't know that I have an answer for this but I've never seen the problem. I do most of my reading in Moon+.

You mentioned that it might be something in the CSS and I do have Disable CSS Styles turned off in Miscellaneous Settings. I don't really know a lot about CSS or HTML or epub but I have Calibre set to format books the way I like them and that's how I want Moon+ to present them, which is why I turned off CSS. So this might be a clue that you're right that it is something in CSS.

Sorry I can't be more definite but hopefully that might help a bit.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:30 AM   #4
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Not sure what forum to ask this in ,as there isn't one dedicated to the moon reader app...

I have noticed that with some books rendered in moon, a small image , like a twiddly scene break image, or a start of chapter image gets enormously resized. So much so that in some cases, reading 2 page landscape, the image disappears as it will not fit a page. ( Rotating device to portrait reveals the. Now-huge image

E.g. a scene break image which is supposed to be say just 2 lines deep becomes as big as half a screen .

I am asking if anyone knows the exact trigger for such resizing. I suspect it comes from having an attribute of "auto" in the relevant src CSS.

I would like a simple way to zap it away or to substitute a new property that forces such images to say small, like they do in most other renderers ( a book with a problematic images in moon will look fine on a kindle or a kobo - it is a quirk or bug in how moon does stuff )

If someone has already studied this , it will save me much trial and error.. it's only in a small percentage of books but is most annoying when it happens.
Oh, that's fixable with a built-in option I believe.

Miscellaneous --> scroll to the bottom, (Image Display Options) ---> uncheck 'Fit all images to screen'.

Last edited by graatch; 08-27-2020 at 01:31 AM. Reason: quote
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote