Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #31
stinsmom
stinsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
HAHA One of the biggest downsides of Kindle is the inability to read in the bathtub!

Oh I know you CAN do it, but I'm scared to death. Hasn't everyone dropped their book in the tub at least once?

I really wish some vendor would develop fitted Kindle wetsuits! I know you can buy waterproof bags that will work but they're big and clunky. I want something that's sized perfectly for the device.
I just put mine in a quart size ziplock freezer bag. It fits perfectly. I've dropped many a book, but never my Kindle. Maybe I'm just a bit more careful with it, who knows. But I love to read in the bath and it kept me from buying the Kindle for awhile. I finally gave in and have had mine for over a year. Many a baths, never a drop!!
stinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
[QUOTE=europas_ice;362478]Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis
No, the DRM prevents that

LOL, at first I thought you were referring to taking the Kindle into the bathroom!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #33
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
[QUOTE=AuPhinger;365816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by europas_ice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis
No, the DRM prevents that

LOL, at first I thought you were referring to taking the Kindle into the bathroom!

Don't give them any ideas! (About the DRM I mean!)
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #34
thorn
Connoisseur
thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.

Device: currently: ipod touch
well. perhaps the iphone and ipod touch will prove to be the more common form of 'bathroom kindle' ... !
thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #35
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'd be too worried about somone 'appropriating' my Kindle so they have something to read while they do a doodoo. So to speak lol.

My Dad always likes to take the paper in there, if he took my Kindle in I'd be horrified!!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #36
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
hahah
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #37
tfranks
tfranks began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Does anyone know...

... just how water (steam) resistant a kindle is? Some cell phones can recover after a swim... what about the kindle?
tfranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #38
round 2
round 2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1 & 2 home
what if you and your partner, each having a kindle, are reading he same book? can you disable the sync process as you may not be reading at same pace.
sylvia
round 2 is offline   Reply With Quote