Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #61
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by btobw View Post
But, for a "Date read" column, I would like to be able to delete dates entered in error.
It doesn't appear that you can delete it. I suppose you could create a new Date read column and just use a text field or you could just select all empty and incorrect date fields and change them all to July 7777.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 AM   #62
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
I've already tried this, but it only gets bigger.. not smaller?

I can get it to go 'up and down' .. but not smaller in width..
Interesting in Windows that little corner to the left of the "J" in jobs is a diagonal arrow only and will only resize both aspects of the window at the same time.

This person also had problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
I noticed one strange thing on Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The windows resizing handle is not at the corner of the window but slightly inside. It is to the left of the number of active jobs. I didn't even know that this was possible. It is confusing, however. On the first run I didn't know how to resize the window. The window was taller than the screen height and I couldn't see the lower right window corner.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 05:07 AM   #63
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
First, I wanted to say how much I love the new changes to Calibre.

And now onto the question.

I was playing around with the series and I noticed when I transferred the ebook over to my PRS-505 a new collection was created for that series.

I was curious if it was possible to create a custom column that would also create collections on our devices? Or if the option is there which one is it?

I hope this question made sense.

Again, I completely appreciate and love the amount of work you put into this release.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #64
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I was curious if it was possible to create a custom column that would also create collections on our devices? Or if the option is there which one is it?
This is on the to-do list, and is something I personally want a great deal. As usual, there are complexities to overcome. In this case we must completely rebuild how metadata moves to and from the devices so that the devices can see/use user-defined fields (columns). The feature will arrive sometime after 0.7 settles down.

Once the feature is available, you will control it using the same mechanism as today, by changing the device customization to indicate which fields/columns are to be used to make collections.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 AM   #65
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This is on the to-do list, and is something I personally want a great deal. As usual, there are complexities to overcome. In this case we must completely rebuild how metadata moves to and from the devices so that the devices can see/use user-defined fields (columns). The feature will arrive sometime after 0.7 settles down.

Once the feature is available, you will control it using the same mechanism as today, by changing the device customization to indicate which fields/columns are to be used to make collections.
Thanks for responding so quickly. I'm glad to know it's not something I overlooked and that it's already on the to-do list.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #66
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Problems deleting EPUB from Kobo Reader

Deleting Kobo files from my Kobo Reader works nicely, but I get an error message when I try and delete an EPUB book.

I am using .7 and the June 1 Kobo driver. I don't seem to be able to copy the error to the clip board either. All I get when I paste is "Error Communicating with Device".

Many thanks
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #67
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Interesting in Windows that little corner to the left of the "J" in jobs is a diagonal arrow only and will only resize both aspects of the window at the same time.

This person also had problems.
OK.. al of a sudden it's back to it's normal size..
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #68
btobw
btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 2 & 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by btobw View Post
1. But, for a "Date read" column, I would like to be able to delete dates entered in error.
2. Is it possible to search for books with an undefined read date?
Thanks for the replies, folks. I've submitted tickets for both these.
btobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #69
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
Do the people who use Ubuntu (and Calibre) also update?

Btw: all of a sudden, my main window of Calibre is too big.. and I can't get it any smaller, like you normally can with windows.. (resize).

Does anyone know what would be the problem (I'm using the latest version of Ubuntu).

Edit: I can resize it, but only vertically, not horizontally..
On my Windows machine right now, but I don't remember a problem on Ubuntu-Lucid (including the Betas,).

I do have a widescreen, so it may be a "minimum size thing".
What screen resolution are you set for. ( I will check the next time I boot that system)

BTW I also successfully ran it (Linux version) via a Terminal server session VNCclient to the Lucid (host)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #70
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Not seeing books on Kindle

I love the "On Device" feature, but it doesn't seem to be working entirely correctly - Calibre is showing that a number of books that are on my Kindle aren't on the device even though they are - these are books that I sent to the device using Calibre 6.55 (or whatever the most recent pre-7 version was), and they're right there on the Kindle when I unplug it, but Calibre's not seeing that.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #71
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You clear a date by setting it to 01 Jan 0101. I know this is ugly, but making it easier is moderately difficult to implement,and low on my priority list.

I submitted code for true and false date searches. I imagine that it will be in the next release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #72
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscat View Post
I love the "On Device" feature, but it doesn't seem to be working entirely correctly - Calibre is showing that a number of books that are on my Kindle aren't on the device even though they are - these are books that I sent to the device using Calibre 6.55 (or whatever the most recent pre-7 version was), and they're right there on the Kindle when I unplug it, but Calibre's not seeing that.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?
I jumped the gun with this question - I've figured it out. For the mismatches, the book titles weren't matching on the device and on Calibre; I think I must have messed with the metadata for those books at some point in the distant past. My fault, not Calibre's; sorry for the false alarm!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #73
btobw
btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.btobw can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 2 & 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You clear a date by setting it to 01 Jan 0101. I know this is ugly, but making it easier is moderately difficult to implement,and low on my priority list.

I submitted code for true and false date searches. I imagine that it will be in the next release.
Thanks heaps chaley. I tried 01 Jan 0101, but it would not let me type in 0101 - it stopped at 01 and ignored the rest. However, I fiddled and discovered that just changing the year to 0000 did the job (day/month don't matter). So that's fine as is, thanks

I could have sworn I had already tried a year of 0000, but obviously not.

Edit to add: I'm using Calibre 0.7 in Windows XP

Last edited by btobw; 06-06-2010 at 10:15 AM.
btobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #74
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
WOW

Looks great Kovid, only just installed so not tried much yet, but looks excellent so far,

It did seem Slow installing, compared to earlier versions,

Thanks Kovid,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #75
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
WOW

Looks great Kovid, only just installed so not tried much yet, but looks excellent so far,

It did seem Slow installing, compared to earlier versions,

Thanks Kovid,
It's also bigger (I keep previous installation files in case I need to revert so it was easy to compare file size) which may explain why it took longer to install. Fortunately, that is a onetime wait more than compensated by opening and load so much faster.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0.7.0, calibre, new release