Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #31
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
2. Yes this is much better. I will update the translation as soon as you update transifex.

4. I guess it, but thought I'd ask you.

Thanks.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Regarding (6), here is the Qt bug report:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39524

I guess we will have to wait for Qt 5.3.2 for the fix, or if it takes a very long time, I will implement the fix myself in the version of Qt bundled with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #33
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks a lot
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #34
Elancrom
Elancrom began at the beginning.

Device: K4 NT
I've been using the latest betas several days (light use indeed), no problems encountered.
Hyphenation now works like a charm!
Elancrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:09 AM   #35
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
I also installed the beta (1.204.1) on Linux (Fedora 20, 64 bit). So far without any problems. I've the impression that it starts noticeably faster than the Qt4-based calibre...
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am now running the content server from V1.204.1-i686 on Debian wheezy. It works fine in both standard HTTP and OPDS modes (with CC), running behind apache using reverse-proxy. I have not yet removed xvfb.

It seems significantly faster than the non-beta version. It also seems to use less memory. My guess is it uses around 60% as much as before.

Last edited by chaley; 08-06-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: reduce ambiguity
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:54 AM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It seems significantly faster than the non-beta version. It also seems to use less memory. My guess is around 60%.
Interesting, the only thing I can think of to explain that is that I wrote a headless QPA plugin for Qt to get rid of the need for a running X server, and since that plugin is essentially a simple dummy, it will perform much better than the original. However, the content server doesn't use Qt for very much, so I'm not sure where the speed improvement comes from...but, I'm happy
Old 08-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #38
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I have been testing for a few days.
So far everything works.

It looks like on the the Linux version of Calibre Drag&Drop cover from Chrome doesn't work.
Chrome browser Version 36.0.1985.125.

It works from Firefox and Opera.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I doubt that has anything to do with Qt 5. It does not work on my system with Qt 4 either. Indeed, no drag event is fired at all when dragging images from chrome on linux. Generally speaking drag and drop if images directly from browsers is a bit hit and miss, since different browsers all implement it differently and some dont allow it at all for security reasons.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #40
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Been using the beta for a couple of days. In the editor, the only problem I found, and it is more of an annoyance is that you have to click in the preview window to use the preview window scroll bar. Clicking on the scroll bar isn't sufficient.

Otherwise, notice an increase in speed, both starting in moving through text.

This is Win7 64 bit.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #41
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I doubt that has anything to do with Qt 5. It does not work on my system with Qt 4 either. Indeed, no drag event is fired at all when dragging images from chrome on linux.
It used to work. It is my favourite feature and chrome is opened by default when I use "search Internet" plugin from Calibre. But, sadly, I can't remember when I used it last. It might be a while - I was doing other things than putting covers in order recently. I used to use that feature a lot.

No big deal, I will set Opera as the default browser.
My Firefox has waaaay to many tabs open by default to be used in this manner ;-)

By the way ... yes I DO know there is a wonderful feature "Download covers and/or metadata automatically and I am using it frequently ;-)
Old 08-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@kacir: Right click on the image in chrome and copy then right click in the book details cover area and paste.

@mrmikel: Works for me (At least in linux), clicking directly on the preview panel scrollbar scrolls the preview panel even if the current focus is in the editor.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-07-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #43
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
@kacir: Right click on the image in chrome and copy then right click in the book details cover area and paste.
I know, and very much appreciate, that there are many ways of how to do most things in Calibre.
I was originally reporting possible glitch with Drag and Drop from Chrome. If Chrome doesn't generate drag event, it can't be helped.

I am extremely happy with Calibre as it is, especially now that somebody posted unofficially version of Quick Preferences plugin that seems to be working with the new Calibre.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #44
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I know, and very much appreciate, that there are many ways of how to do most things in Calibre.
I was originally reporting possible glitch with Drag and Drop from Chrome. If Chrome doesn't generate drag event, it can't be helped.

I am extremely happy with Calibre as it is, especially now that somebody posted unofficially version of Quick Preferences plugin that seems to be working with the new Calibre.
Please give the Quick Preferences plugin a good check out and post results in the plugin thread.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #45
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
@mrmikel: Works for me (At least in linux), clicking directly on the preview panel scrollbar scrolls the preview panel even if the current focus is in the editor.
here in the Windows portable version

@mrmikel, if you have a 'mouse' enhancer - e.g. Wizmouse, Katmouse, XMouse etc - try disabling it.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote