Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Add books to existing metadata batch

Hi is there any way to add a bunch of books to existing metadata?

Like if I've used the Import List plugin and then want to add some of the books to their specific metadata already in Calibre?

Instead of adding the books again, just add the books which has existing metadata?

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hi is there any way to add a bunch of books to existing metadata?

Like if I've used the Import List plugin and then want to add some of the books to their specific metadata already in Calibre?

Instead of adding the books again, just add the books which has existing metadata?

Thanks
Check out the duplicate options in the adding books configuration.
I suspect one of the Merge choices. That is what I use.

FWIW You are still dealing with 'empty books'. They were just created from the plugin

Note: if your metadata (author-title) differs, you might get an occasional dup . Just use the Find Duplicates PI, and the built in Merge to combine
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I tried that but all I couldn't find the option to add the books to their specific metadata:

See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-11-03 17.24.38.png
Views:	132
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	159792  
Old 11-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried that but all I couldn't find the option to add the books to their specific metadata:

See attachment.
I am confused.
You have deliberate duplicates to begin with?

That is just a warning that you triggered the Rule filter
Click OK if you are sure (and or adjust the ticks)

Last edited by theducks; 11-03-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I press OK it just adds the books again instead of adding them to the metadata they match with.
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
When I press OK it just adds the books again instead of adding them to the metadata they match with.
What Auto-Merge option did you set for when duplicates were detected?
And did you tick the box
Old 11-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #7
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I had forgotten to auto-merge.

Do you know if it's possible to add only those that match existing metadata?
Old 11-03-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I had forgotten to auto-merge.

Do you know if it's possible to add only those that match existing metadata?
I have no precise details of other metadata. AFAIK Author Title (exact match) is the merge trigger. The choices are what to do IF a match.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:38 AM   #9
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is there any way to avoid this happening when I copy or move from one library to another? I thought that it only affected me adding books to calibre not moving them between libraries?