Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
indigene
indigene began at the beginning.

Device: Various
2 differently formatted pdfs for the same book.

I store a lot of research papers in Calibre.

Most papers come in the standard 2-column layout, not optimal for reading on Kindle. I have found the k2pdfopt (http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/) convertor good for optimising djvu/pdfs for kindle and also smartphones.

I would like to retain the original pdf along with the optimized one but calibre allows only one pdf to be stored for a book. Is there a way I can keep 2 differently formatted pdfs for the same book?
indigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigene View Post
I store a lot of research papers in Calibre.

Most papers come in the standard 2-column layout, not optimal for reading on Kindle. I have found the k2pdfopt (http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/) convertor good for optimising djvu/pdfs for kindle and also smartphones.

I would like to retain the original pdf along with the optimized one but calibre allows only one pdf to be stored for a book. Is there a way I can keep 2 differently formatted pdfs for the same book?
As you obviously know only one of any format is allowed in the same <book>, but duplicate <books> are allowed. You could have a couple Virtual Libraries - Originals and K2Opt.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, pdf and calibre