Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
$5 Kindle credit when ordering on an Echo device

A link to the page with this offer appears on Kindle book listings, although it refers to a different book. I won’t supply the link, since it seems to contain a lot of account-specific junk and I haven’t been able to successfully truncate it, but I assume it will show up for others as well. It’s an offer that has come up before.

It’s a little short on specifics, the main one being that the Kindle book has to be ordered via an Echo device and not just the Alexa app. No limitation by sold by Amazon according to the text, but who knows? The offer should show up in the prompts before you commit.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:11 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Perhaps here (although this is the Alexa):

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/b?ie=UTF8&node=21311003011
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
It worked great. I told my Echo to "buy the book A Body In the Attic by Elizabeth Spann Craig". I had to provide my code for purchases. Book is now in my account for free (it's the next one in the series that I hadn't read).

I had to do this twice because the first time I tried, Alexa mentioned a different author. So redid it mentioning my author. The book was $4.99 so my account still has a .01 credit.

Last edited by Tarana; 05-19-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: update
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #4
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Worked for me as well, but I had to remember to go back into my Alexa app and re-allow purchasing.

I have a granddaughter named Alexa, so didn't want to find out I'd accidentally bought her half the store. So went back in and turned it back off.

They really need to let us chose our own names for these machines. We have more than one device that can hear each other, and some in the computer room, around a tv where people are saying "Alexa", "Computer" and "Amazon" all the time.

It's a constant struggle to try to remember which device I'm trying to wake up, and what their secret password is.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Worked for me as well, but I had to remember to go back into my Alexa app and re-allow purchasing.

I have a granddaughter named Alexa, so didn't want to find out I'd accidentally bought her half the store. So went back in and turned it back off.

They really need to let us chose our own names for these machines. We have more than one device that can hear each other, and some in the computer room, around a tv where people are saying "Alexa", "Computer" and "Amazon" all the time.

It's a constant struggle to try to remember which device I'm trying to wake up, and what their secret password is.
You can change the wake word from Alexa, to a few others, in settings.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You can change the wake word from Alexa, to a few others, in settings.
Apache
I have, on all of our devices, depending on what room they're in.

As long as I keep the 'purchasing' off on that one, it won't fight with the echo in the same room which has our computers and tv. Which is why we can't use 'computer' or 'Amazon', because that's the room 'computer' and 'Amazon' are said the most.

We just need a few more choices.

And for the tech shows on tv to quit thinking it's funny to keep saying the device names in the show, that turns them on.

Last edited by DuskyRose; 05-20-2021 at 01:45 PM.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #7
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
That vacuum commercial that you can use Alexa on always has my fire cube muting the sound to listen. Every. Single. Time.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:37 PM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
I have, on all of our devices, depending on what room they're in.

As long as I keep the 'purchasing' off on that one, it won't fight with the echo in the same room which has our computers and tv. Which is why we can't use 'computer' or 'Amazon', because that's the room 'computer' and 'Amazon' are said the most.

We just need a few more choices.

And for the tech shows on tv to quit thinking it's funny to keep saying the device names in the show, that turns them on.
I feel that they should let you pick any word to use as a wake word.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:39 AM   #9
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
It took 4 or 5 attempts before Alexa offered to buy the correct book (after a blog result then wanting to give me a different title by the same author as well as a few times when she just flashed blue and stopped talking).

Having never purchased from the device, when she asked if I wanted to buy it I replied yes. So never got the discount offer as I thought it would be in the next step.

Did a chat with customer service. Second representative said it did not show I had done the purchase through the device. But after a bit of back and forth she said she would issue me a $5 gift card.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 04:48 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:

I use Computer (always thinking of Scotty talking to a mouse) when too close to another Echo, but everybody in my family wants a HAL.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:40 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I use Computer (always thinking of Scotty talking to a mouse) when too close to another Echo, but everybody in my family wants a HAL.
Our Echo dots and the Echo Show are all called Alexa. But the new version Echo Plus is called Echo.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:02 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Our Echo dots and the Echo Show are all called Alexa. But the new version Echo Plus is called Echo.

Hello, ello, llo, lo, o.....
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote