Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #511
H2D2
H2D2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G US 3.4.2 & PW4 5.11.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
H2D2 if you downloaded git repo, make sure that the folder “librariansync” in the extensions folder is the one that contains menu.json.
I mean, do not extract the whole git repo to extensions, only “librariansync” folder from it
Hey

Thx, but that is exactly what I did. I am really lost here.
H2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:04 AM   #512
H2D2
H2D2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G US 3.4.2 & PW4 5.11.2
**** solved ****

I needed to download the github content as one archive (.zip), then extracted the librariansync folder directly on Kindle.

I guess downloading each file separately onto a Mac and then sending it to Kindle was somehow "mutating" the files.
H2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #513
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Oh, yeah, MacOS makes wonders with page encoding on downloaded files
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:00 AM   #514
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Still working on 5.13.6, just have to keep python up to date.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #515
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've had a jailbroken Kindle running Collections Manager for ages... I adore it, but it's gotten quite scratched and I'm always fighting for space on it. I finally decided to go ahead and get a new Kindle PaperWhite (2018) with the understanding that if I can't get automatic collections to work, I'm giving the new one to my son and keeping my old one. It arrived today and it's a model that's supported by the new KindleBreak JB, running FW 5.12.4 (I never gave it any WiFi info and have left it in airplane mode since initially turning it on).

That being said, I've followed the steps for jailbreaking and have KUAL and MRPI installed. I successfully add the LibrarianSync file into the MRPI folder, go to KUAL and tell it to install new MR Packages. The interface SAYS it's installing and seems to work correctly, but no new items show up in KUAL. (I've done this like three times now, same results each time.)

It's quite possible I managed to miss something, but is there any way to tell what I missed? Is it that this collections manager doesn't work with my model/firmware (if so, is there any automatic collection creator that does work)? I looked at this thread and it seems like it should work. I've always considered myself relatively tech savvy, but recently things like this are tripping me up leading me to believe that maybe I've fallen behind the curve.

EDIT: After further reading and poking, I went over to GitHub and grabbed that (instead of just the DL from the first post). Pushing the folder from GitHub to the correct location (and for good measure redoing the MRPI package install) and the menu now shows.

Last edited by Vaesse; 07-14-2021 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Update: Got it working... I think.
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #516
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

So, I got the menu showing... and when I click on the menu item (I've tried both "Rebuild collections (calibre plugin)" and "Update collections (calibre plugin)") it shows the status line at the bottom of the screen but never seems to do anything else. I've waited for over an hour before backing out and not a single collection is actually created.

Best I can figure there's a problem in one of four places: KUAL, MRPI, LibrarianSync (all on Kindle), or Kindle Collections (in Calibre). However, the last has been in use successfully on the old Kindle, so I tend to think that's not the problem.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #517
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try “Update collections (from folders)”.

UPDATE: Ah, sorry. You need calibre collections.
So you have Python installed? It’s in NiLuJe’s Snapshots thread

Last edited by mergen3107; 07-14-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #518
Vaesse
Zealot

Okay, I think I have Python installed now (figuring out the right version is NOT very obvious)... and it is a step closer... after the "Updating collections" or "Rebuilding collections" text appears on the bottom, I now get a "Done in XXs." thing, but the time doesn't count down (as I'd expect) and I'm still not seeing the collections created.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:40 AM   #519
mergen3107
Wizard

How do you create your Calibre collections json file?
LibrarianSync expects json files from Calibre Plugin:
https://github.com/barsanuphe/librar...EADME.md#usage
Old 07-15-2021, 02:44 AM   #520
mergen3107
Wizard

The file must be named calibre_plugin.json and placed in the extensions folder.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:19 AM   #521
Vaesse
Zealot

I'm using this Calibre plugin: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=244202 Not sure quite where it puts the file and names it, but it SHOULD be the right one, no?
Old 07-15-2021, 04:04 AM   #522
mergen3107
Wizard

I don’t use that plugin.

You can manually double check that you have the json file in the right place
Old 07-15-2021, 04:05 AM   #523
mergen3107
Wizard

And yes, that plugin is the same that LibrarianSync github page referred to.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #524
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
It seems it does not work on my PW4 with firmware 5.13.3.
I installed latest python package (2.7 and 3) from Niluje latest package. Installed kindle plugin downloaded from Github. Latest KUAL, etc. etc.
When I launch "Update collections (calibre plugin)" or also "Rebuild collections [...]" it displays the "Rebuilding" or "Updating" status line, but it standstills there forever, until I eventually press the key to go to the previous menu.
And no collections are created.

What am I doing wrong?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #525
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's entirely possible I broke a minor python thingy in the latest snapshots. Someone will have to run the script in a shell to confirm, as I'm waaaaay swamped :/.

Sidebar: I do remember updating the packages in the first post, though, so at least people shouldn't have to go digging through github to get working code .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync