Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #46
Huku
Huku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
That is great - thank you! Going to try.
Huku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #47
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch

Hi!

Version 1.2.6.41 with dictionary support in Cool Reader is released! See release notes for details.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #48
Whitewolf99
Whitewolf99 began at the beginning.

Device: none
great collection! paying the small price for the pro version and helping the development is definitely worth it!

Edit: Wehere can i find the release notes for the kindle version? can't quite figure out the dictionary functions. works in the menu but not if i set it to long tap.

Last edited by Whitewolf99; 07-29-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Whitewolf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #49
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi!

1.2.6.42 is released.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #50
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf99 View Post
great collection! paying the small price for the pro version and helping the development is definitely worth it!

Edit: Wehere can i find the release notes for the kindle version? can't quite figure out the dictionary functions. works in the menu but not if i set it to long tap.
Thanks!

You can find the release notes in the download link (first my post)
You can find information about dictionary in the "CoolReader user manual" (my first post)

I managed to assign long tap to "dictionary" meny item. It works.
Advert
Old 07-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #51
Whitewolf99
Whitewolf99 began at the beginning.

yeah, didn't read the section about "working with dictionary". i got the empty dictionary window, but it didn't occur to me to just tap on the word i wanted to translate after that.
Whitewolf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:26 AM   #52
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Amazing !!! Works perfect on my NT4, thanks for the hard work !
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #53
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Are there any plans to add additional features?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #54
Viper73
Viper73 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello,

i have an Kindle PW and installed the "coolreader" yesterday. I like this reader software, but i have a few questions (sorry for my bad english):

1) how can i see which version i have installed?
2) how works an update?
3) can i delete some of the programs (solitaire, sudoku,...) and how?
[maybe delete the folder of the program and change the "applications.ini"?]
4) What exactly does the following settings:
4a) - disable txt auto formatting (in "Window" Menu)
4b) - Internal styles (in "Window" Menu)
4c) - Embedded fonts (in "Window" Menu)
4d) - Gamma (in the menu "Styles")
4e) - Hinting (in the menu "Styles")
4f) - Footer "show" (under "Page") - there is nothing shown in the footer!?

I hope someone can help me.
Greets, Viper
Viper73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #55
Viper73
Viper73 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
And one other thing, my ebooks are not displayed correctly. I use epub format and there are no breaks / space between the lines (Embedded fonts are activated). Sorry, dont know how to explain in english, but i have an picture where you can see my problem. How can i solve this problem, in all other readers (Kindle PW and KORead) it is shown correctly. If i could fix this then coolreader will be my favourite...

Viper73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #56
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper73 View Post
Hello,
i have an Kindle PW and installed the "coolreader" yesterday. I like this reader software, but i have a few questions (sorry for my bad english):
2) how works an update?
Greets, Viper
1) I don't know if you can.
2) just overwrite the 'vlasofsoft' folder.
3) What would be the reason for this? If you would like, you could set pbchess so that cool reader starts when pbchess is launched.
4a) No idea.
4b) Uses styles included in ebook. (If any)
4c) Uses fonts embeded in the ebook. (If any)
4d) & 4e) I don't know what exactly these do, just fiddle with them until you like how the text looks.
4f) The ebook probably doesn't have a footer to show
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:26 AM   #57
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Are there any plans to add additional features?
My main project is chess (80-90% of my time). The new version of chess will be published soon.

CR: I plan to switch to the latest CR engine. Possible it will fix some problems.

Other applications: not sure.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:34 AM   #58
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Hello,

2) how works an update?

Greets, Viper
1. Only from chess application: MENU/About
2.1. Backup your files (e.g. cr/data, cr3.ini) or backup previous version completely
2.2. replace "vlasovsoft"
2.3. restore backup files
3.1. Backup
3.2. Delete application folder (e.g. notepad)
3.3. Delete it from applications.ini
4. These are the tweaks of cr engine. I can't explain some of them. Probably you can find in wikipedia something about "font gamma" and "font hinting" parameters of fonts.
> Footer "show" (under "Page") - there is nothing shown in the footer!?
it works only with FB2 format (shows remarks/footnotes if any)
Old 01-06-2015, 04:36 AM   #59
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
And one other thing, my ebooks are not displayed correctly. I use epub format and there are no breaks / space between the lines (Embedded fonts are activated). Sorry, dont know how to explain in english, but i have an picture where you can see my problem. How can i solve this problem, in all other readers (Kindle PW and KORead) it is shown correctly. If i could fix this then coolreader will be my favourite...

Thanks!

Probably this problem will gone when I switch to the latest CR engine. I'm only a GUI developer. And it's definitely CR engine problem. Anyway, you can test if it works with Cool Reader for Android (if you have Android device).
Old 01-06-2015, 04:59 AM   #60
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

4a) it affects only .txt format. If it is set CR should display txt file as is (i.e. it is preformatted)
4d) In theory higher gamma value should make font look darker.
4e) from wikipedia:

A font test without hinting (upper rows above and below) and with hinting (lower rows above and below) at 100% (above) and 400% (below).
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote