Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
mastroalex
mastroalex began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sony PRS-650 notes and SVG type file.

I found out that the notes you draw with the pen are stored under reader/database/media/notepad/*.note files but are just *.svg type files. The problem is that when I open these svg in a browser, either firefox or explorer, they appear truncated.
Any help on displaying them properly? I tried svg-edit, but it crashes on loading.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (1.1 KB, 374 views)
mastroalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
They aren't strictly SVG files. They have custom Sony XML wrapping the SVG data. You'd need to strip out the Sony XML and replace it with any appropriate SVG wrapper (if any) for it to work as an actual SVG file.

Sony uses the wrapper to set information like the rendered page size.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastroalex View Post
I found out that the notes you draw with the pen are stored under reader/database/media/notepad/*.note files but are just *.svg type files. The problem is that when I open these svg in a browser, either firefox or explorer, they appear truncated.
Any help on displaying them properly? I tried svg-edit, but it crashes on loading.
This is the file converted to txt. I've opened the file with ultraedit.
Attached Files
File Type: txt test.txt (3.6 KB, 465 views)
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Changing the extension isn't really a conversion. SVG is a text file type already, as XML.

I'm a bit surprised there isn't already a tool for stripping out Sony's XML and leave the SVG XML behind. Have you checked threads in the Dev corner sub forum?
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
mastroalex
mastroalex began at the beginning.

Thanks for the answers. I didn't think that Sony SVG could be slighly different from a normal one. Maybe I'll see if I can modify it. Anyway I'll ask for a solution on the dev corner.
mastroalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Try this: http://code.google.com/p/prsnotereader/
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
UpSpin
Enthusiast
UpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

great link, will get used immediately, so I can use my reader as a mediocre notepad and don't have to switch to my tablet PC immediately if I want to take a short note, not bad.
UpSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpSpin View Post
great link, will get used immediately, so I can use my reader as a mediocre notepad and don't have to switch to my tablet PC immediately if I want to take a short note, not bad.
Hi UpSpin,

I know it has been a while, but the current development build of PRS+ now comes with an addon that allows you to save Handwritings as SVG or even direct to JPG! I just finished programming the addon this morning, and am very pleased with the result. It certainly makes it easier than messing around with extra programs and Inkscape, etc...

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #9
stegro
stegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipedia

Device: Sony PRS-T2
To convert those .note files into properly working .svg files is just a matter of a few lines of XSLT applied on it. As a linux user, I have just made myself a little script to do that for all the files at once.
In case anyone likes it, you find both at
https://github.com/stegro/sony-prst2-tools

You may apply the XSLT file from my repository to the .note files with any other tool, too, of course, there surely are some for all operating systems.

*long live the PRS-T[12]!*
stegro is offline   Reply With Quote