Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #46
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
When you meet with your friends they never arrive on time.... Focusing on what it's the important here, I prefer several delays in the release of this e-reader to a product plenty of issues, where an OTA cannot always fix the software issues.
Right! only focus on device itself but should not others. I think boyue are serious so it may cause some delay for mimas, which is acceptable, as it should not only be a christmas gift but also should be a good reading device.
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #47
Loretta Unal
Loretta Unal began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I said we are not worth to confide concerning to be on time. And you know it.
Aside, regarding this issue, I'm not a typical Spanish, which is why that custom bothers me a lot. Of course, there are others Spaniards that love punctuality, but it's not the majority of them.
And maybe people who have to leave are who behave badly.
Aside, this company has repeatedly delayed this device. Is it serious?
Regarding Chinese people, I hope I'm wrong.
I have a good impression on likebook even it is a new brand and not popular now. I bought mars on their aliexpress, they shipped from china but it is very fast and arrived before the promised time. Also when I contacted with them via facebook on dictionary problem, they are very friendly to help me. SO I will keep to focus on mimas as I have good experience of reading on mars, which surprised me, it is strong!
Loretta Unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #48
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Dennel, the only information I've found is this of Goodereader store:

Quote:
This item will be released January 23, 2019.
Don't expect this e-reader in December.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #49
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

On a side note, it seems like that page has a tech specs section that has multiple discrepancies with the content of the preceding paragraphs (e.g. memory, screen resolution, battery capacity...).
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:45 AM   #50
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

New info, inner test, perhaps it is closer to be released than I thought.

Sogaiu, as you say, the information of Goodereader store is inaccurate, even the photos are wrong, it's white, not black. But the webmaster commented in a post that he had more relation with Boyue staff, so I thought the date of release could be right.

Last edited by Jose Manuel S; 12-13-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #51
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Am thinking to be checking ereader.store over the next few days as I've personally had multiple very good experiences with Booxtor.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:52 PM   #52
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Hmm it seems they changed the design?

The picture on their Facebook banner shows t103 with thinner bezels on 3 sides, and the screen looks to not be recessed.
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #53
Dennell
Dennell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
Dennel, the only information I've found is this of Goodereader store:
Don't expect this e-reader in December.
That is ok for me, Jose.Time should not be a problem right?
Dennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #54
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Did Michael at goodereader edit his blog? I remember somewhere he said would be reviewing it in the next weeks and now there are no mention of it at all. Or am I maybe looking on the wrong page? And what about January 24th? Is he still backing that up?

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-will-cost-450
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:19 AM   #55
FastFingers
FastFingers began at the beginning.

Device: C67ML Carta 2
I'd ask the seller here to get the latest information: https://likebook.aliexpress.com/stor...7564777a1gEBp5
FastFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:40 AM   #56
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Boyue's Facebook page states their 'official' European partner is German. Either way, no updates or acknowledgement of being months of being almost 2 months late and can't find any trace of the product from in China. While GoodEReader is (apparently?) is being revisionist with their own blog/news cycle.

Nobody knows what is happening while the West is left assuming it has been out in China since November 6. It isn't about the information anymore, it is about the deception implicit in this scenario.

Onyx Boox has a device out which is 1.6ghz quad core with 4gb of RAM. 13 inch screen and seems to overall be a better device, however it doesn't have a backlight which is a biggie for me. But whatever.

I just have to tell myself this isn't anything I *need*. The universe is helping me be a more self controlled individual haha.
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #57
LivNoxx
LivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Mini
Do you know if this device will have palm rejection?
Because, from what I've seen in the videos, the person reviewing the Mimas doesn't rest their hand in the screen.
This is a great issue for me, having that huge screen and no palm rejection would make note taking really uncomfortable.
LivNoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:15 AM   #58
LivNoxx
LivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animalsLivNoxx is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivNoxx View Post
Do you know if this device will have palm rejection?
I asked in AliExpress and they reply that it will have! And about the release sale link and price! (First week of January and $459 final price with discounts in early bird)

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/LAlx1UC
LivNoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #59
sogaiu
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
Boyue's Facebook page states their 'official' European partner is German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I got the sense it (if there is only one) might be Booxtor's shop.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:28 AM   #60
Maginus
Maginus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st edition)
I asked the aliexpress seller when I would be able to order the Mimas. I was told the 10th of January.
Maginus is offline   Reply With Quote