Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 06:42 AM   #1
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
How Kindle Paperwhite 2018 folder structure works?

Hi!
Would like to ask how the Kindle Paperwhite 2018 folder structure works. For example i downloaded some dictionaries from the Kindle Store directly and now they are into Download folder and dictionaries folder is empty.

So how the folders work in the Kindle Paperwhite 2018?
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
You need to add a dictionary using the correct method.

Go to Content & Devices page on Amazon, find the dictionary on your Kindle account that you wish to use, and send it to that Kindle.

Then, on the Kindle itself, go to Settings, Language & Dictionaries, Dictionaries, and tap the one you want to use.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
You need to add a dictionary using the correct method.

Go to Content & Devices page on Amazon, find the dictionary on your Kindle account that you wish to use, and send it to that Kindle.

Then, on the Kindle itself, go to Settings, Language & Dictionaries, Dictionaries, and tap the one you want to use.
Thanks for your reply, but i do not asked how to use the dictionaries, but how the folders are structured. So why there is a dictionaries folder if these are into the Download folder instead?
Old 09-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
Thanks for your reply, but i do not asked how to use the dictionaries, but how the folders are structured. So why there is a dictionaries folder if these are into the Download folder instead?
When you follow the directions posted by Deskisamess and connect your kindle to wifi, your kindle will get the dictionary from amazon and install it. After the, the dictionary will be in the dictionaries folder. Just putting a file in the folder does not install it.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
When you follow the directions posted by Deskisamess and connect your kindle to wifi, your kindle will get the dictionary from amazon and install it. After the, the dictionary will be in the dictionaries folder. Just putting a file in the folder does not install it.
I see, but i already have the dictionaries installed from Amazon and working, just not in the dictionaries folder, and was curious to understand why.
Advert
Old 09-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
I see, but i already have the dictionaries installed from Amazon and working, just not in the dictionaries folder, and was curious to understand why.
I don't know, that's where thy are on mine.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I don't even see a Dictionary folder on my Paperwhite or Oasis.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

The dictionaries folder in the documents folder on my kindles.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:22 PM   #9
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast

Tried exactly with the steps suggested by @Deskisamess but the new dictionary goes into the Downloads folder. Dictionaris folder is still empty. It's just a matter of curiosity because the dictionaries installed works fine.