Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #61
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
One good thing, though, is that this is probably the most re-readable series that I've ever come across.

I smile every time I re-read the bit in "Plan B" involving Sheather, Angela Lizardi's door and the "eggling".
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #62
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Good news for audiobook fans.

From Sharon Lee's blog...
Quote:
Audible to release entire Liaden series
Audible.com will be releasing all 15 Liaden Universe® novels — Agent of Change through Dragon Ship! — in audiobook format. It is the stated intention of Mr. Feldberg at Audible to have all 15 books available in time for the September hardcover release of Dragon Ship.
http://sharonleewriter.com/2012/06/l...e-infodump-95/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #63
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hot Damn! Looks like I won't be giving up my Audible subscription for a while, then!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #64
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case anyone is interested here is the narrator breakdown for the Liaden audiobooks...

Crystal Soldier, Crystal Dragon, Balance of Trade: Kevin Collins

Local Custom, Scout's Progress, Mouse and Dragon: Bernadette Dunne

Agent of Change, Conflict of Honors, Carpe Diem, Plan B, I Dare: Andy Caploe

Fledgling, Saltation, Ghost Ship, Dragon Ship: Eileen Stevens

http://rolanni.livejournal.com/783367.html
Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #65
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Thanks!
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #66
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Dragon Ship is now available from Baen eBooks.

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1664-dragon-ship.aspx
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #67
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

For anyone interested in the audiobooks they are now available at Audible and Audible has set up a special pages at...

http://www.audible.com/liaden
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #68
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
For anyone interested in the audiobooks they are now available at Audible and Audible has set up a special pages at...

http://www.audible.com/liaden
I'm over half way through Crystal Soldier, read by Kevin Collins, and it is excellent. His reading is very good - the different voices are distinct, but the distinction is subtle and not at all obtrusive. Pace and emphasis are both spot on. All in all, a very satisfying read.

(Since this is a re-read for me, I'm choosing to start at the chronological beginning. For those new to the series, a compelling argument could be made for publication order, which would mean starting at Agent of Change.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #69
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

I'm listening to the Theo books right now myself. Currently on Saltation.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #70
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

And I'm hightailing it over to Audible to pick up some....
Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #71
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

I picked up Crystal Soldier, and I'm kicking myself that I forgot to take advantage of Audible's 3-credit sale that ended Aug.31.

I'm on their 1-book/mo subscription plan.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #72
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I picked up Crystal Soldier, and I'm kicking myself that I forgot to take advantage of Audible's 3-credit sale that ended Aug.31.

I'm on their 1-book/mo subscription plan.
Ouch. I can well imagine. It's almost worth upgrading to an annual subscription or even the Platinum (24 books / year) version just to get the books NOW instead of waiting. I knew these were coming, so I had been saving since the spring, plus I bought extra credits. As it was, I still couldn't get them all since there's a limit to the number of carryover credits you can have. (6 on the one a month plan.) But now I just need the Theo Waitley books, since I have all the others.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #73
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Interviews with the narrators done by Lee & Miller in case anyone is interested...

Eileen Stevens - Theo Waitley books

Andy Caploe - Agent of Change books

Bernadette Dunne - Space Regency books

Kevin Collins - Books of Before
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #74
CRussel
(he/him/his)

The interview with the sequence narrator Kevin T. Collins is also included in the first book of each sequence, at the end of the book that sequence, Crystal Soldier. The advantage to AnemicOak's link, however, is you get to read it before you start (or even buy) the sequence, giving you a feel for the narrator. I've only listened to the one with Kevin Collins so far, but found it quite interesting and informative.

Last edited by CRussel; 09-11-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Corrected error of fact.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #75
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
The interview with the sequence narrator is also included in the first book of each sequence, at the end of the book.
There isn't one at the end of the first Theo book so I didn't know that, thanks for mentioning it.