Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #31
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Lightbulb Improved!

Hello,

I implemented Vallorics suggestions for improvement It works a lot better now - All I need now is someone to try the build.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:38 AM   #32
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Sigil 0.1.2 has been released for MacPorts. It's only 1.6M in size as opposed to 28.3M for the DMG version.

Have fun

Martin
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #33
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I see you're listing Sigil as x86_64 compatible for the MacPorts version. I'm not sure that will work out-of-the-box. See this page for details.

Basically, to work on x86_64, Qt needs to be compiled against Cocoa, not Carbon. I'm not sure the Qt version on MacPorts supports this. Have you tested this?

EDIT: The 32 bit Carbon version of Sigil should of course work without problems on x86_64 Macs.

Last edited by Valloric; 09-03-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #34
krischik
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Basically, to work on x86_64, Qt needs to be compiled against Cocoa, not Carbon. I'm not sure the Qt version on MacPorts supports this. Have you tested this?
Nope - I Qt itself does not compile - but that is not my task. The guys at MacPorts currently suggest to compile everything universal as well as quite a lot off stuff needs 32bit.

Unless you are into experimental stuff one should stay with 32bit for another month or so.

Martin