Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #181
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
This is interesting.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #182
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
All I'm seeing is fog. Is it one of the new ones?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #183
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here:
Old 05-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #184
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still just seeing fog.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #185
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Third time's a charm.
Attached Images

Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #186
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Oh, yeah. I saw one of those in someone's sig line on another forum. I've seen the hatchling, too, but not the final form. I admit to some curiosity. I haven't been following the DragCave forum since the server problems, so I don't know when this egg appeared or what it's supposed to be.

I really need to learn to program more quickly and efficiently so I can develop my own game.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #187
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

All right, I finally stopped back into the Dragon Cave and picked up a few more eggs. I got a Spring egg, one that's sort of chocolate colored with blue triangles, and one that I suspect will be a "balloon" dragon. I also noticed that the Wilderness area now has a special section containing the "young," and their entries say the owners are accepting help, so I've "adopted" a light pink egg. Not sure what that will turn out to be.

I think Nate's egg is a "Sunrise" dragon, but I'm not sure. I saw a "Sunset" dragon in someone else's sig.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #188
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Ok, that last egg of Nate's was a "Daydream" dragon. I've got one growing now.

The new striped dragons are interesting, because their offspring take on the color of the other parent. I guess I'll continue playing with this for a bit.

Edit: Here's some software that can make those 3d fractals I was going on about a while back: http://www.xenodream.com/

There's a free trial version, and even the full version is only US$30.

Here's what I've got so far for dragons, in case anyone cares:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	incubator_nekokami.png
Views:	178
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	29331  

Last edited by nekokami; 05-20-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #189
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Ok, that last egg of Nate's was a "Daydream" dragon. I've got one growing now.

The new striped dragons are interesting, because their offspring take on the color of the other parent. I guess I'll continue playing with this for a bit.

Edit: Here's some software that can make those 3d fractals I was going on about a while back: http://www.xenodream.com/

There's a free trial version, and even the full version is only US$30.

Here's what I've got so far for dragons, in case anyone cares:
That's a fair collection. Strangely, it makes me think of Mahjong...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #190
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Well, if I recall correctly, there are some dragon tiles in Mahjongg.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #191
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Well, if I recall correctly, there are some dragon tiles in Mahjongg.
Sure are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_tiles#Honor_Tiles

(Playing Mahjong with my family is one of my childhood memories. I couldn't even remember the rules now though)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #192
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Sure are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_tiles#Honor_Tiles

(Playing Mahjong with my family is one of my childhood memories. I couldn't even remember the rules now though)

Cheers,
Marc

Refresh your memory of what is on the tiles by looking at Vista games...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #193
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Refresh your memory of what is on the tiles by looking at Vista games...
I actually do remember what is on the tiles. It is only the rules of Mahjong I can't remember. I can even in my mind smell the inside of the carved, Chinese, wooden box in which the green-and-white tiles were, are stored.

I do not have Vista, or Windows, however I have just noted that not only does Ubuntu have available the otherwise-unrelated "Mahjong Solitaire" game, but it has the actual Mah-jong. I'm just downloading it now.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #194
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I actually do remember what is on the tiles. It is only the rules of Mahjong I can't remember. I can even in my mind smell the inside of the carved, Chinese, wooden box in which the green-and-white tiles were, are stored.

I do not have Vista, or Windows, however I have just noted that not only does Ubuntu have available the otherwise-unrelated "Mahjong Solitaire" game, but it has the actual Mah-jong. I'm just downloading it now.

Cheers,
Marc
Brill - I liked the chess on Ubuntu, though it's graphics leave a LOT to be desired .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #195
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Isn't there a special dragon you can only get by breeding 2 geodes? If so, I might have one.