Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Edd666666
Enthusiast
Edd666666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Order Forms and Special Offers in E books?

Hi I am turning my printed book into an ebook. I have an order form and also a "special offer" in which I give my email address and invite readers to email me for more Free information,etc. When I do the ebook, is it appropriate to include an order form for the printed book that they could print out, plus an online link to order the printed book, and also the "Special Offer" to be emailed additional information in the ebook version. I plan to use Kindle, plus other ebook publishers, so perhaps their guidelines are different. Part of me says that someone who orders an ebook would not want a printed book, but then we are always told not to limit our formats. Any thoughts on including an order form for a printed book and a "Special Offer" to be emailed Free info, in the ebook that I sell.

Thanks, Ed.
Edd666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i see nothing wrong with that on principle, on the contrary ; ebooks are great for gaining new readers and you should give some info about your other books and / or other formats of your ebook. and actually i believe there *are* some people who like to have both paper and digital versions of the books they love (those people obviously live in larger appartments than i do though).

however, depending on what system they are using to read your ebook, they may have no way of printing out an order form / special offer / what have you from inside it.

so, my suggestion would be to give *details* of the special offer and the book available for order in the ebook, and then the address of a website (or email address) where the order can be placed without printing anything out at all (although you can also include the order form online there, for people who prefer to order by mail).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert