Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #106
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnap941 View Post
Although inconsistent results, I found that deleting the .json and .sdr folder and recreating from scratch can sometimes generate the .asc/x-ray file.

I also think that the one particular book I was trying to generate the file with is slightly broken because when I go to look at "Specific Book Preferences", it's never able to automatically pick up the book like the rest of my books in Calibre. For this book, I have to Search for ASIN, Search for GoodReadsURL and then Push on Update Aliases from URL buttons. Only after those 3 buttons, does it populate with the correct information. After I do this, the X-RAY file does get created, but it seems broken when trying to be used on Kindle.

So I guess what I am trying to ask here is:

1. Can there be any X-RAY Correction done to the one that doesn't work well?

2. Is there a good indication of when an x-ray file will not work right?

I'm following this guideline at this time: If it doesn't have the book information automatically in the "Specific Book Preferences", I think it's safe to say the X-RAY will not work on Kindle. This is with my experience though.

Thanks in advance!
That's strange. When it auto-populates, all it does is run those same functions. What's the name and author of the book you were trying to do it for? I'll try to simulate it and see if I can reproduce the issue. The basic requirements for the x-ray file to be written is that it has to have it's basic information (title and author) and that the book has a goodreads page.

Also, I'll be on vacation for the next week so if I don't get back to you for a while, it's probably because of that.
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #107
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hello guys! Sorry, it's been so long. I've been super busy but I finally managed to get out a new version. We're on 3.0.0 now. We've added the ability to create/send author profiles, start actions, and end actions. There are also a few minor changes as well as some new options in the general section. Be sure to open it up before running the plugin as there are some things you will want to set.

I've also done a major overhaul in some of the code to optimize some things and fix some bugs I've found along the way. You can look at the readme or the OP for details.

Please feel free to let me know here or (preferably) via github if you do find any bugs.

Happy Halloween! (mmm candyyyy!)
Advert
Old 10-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #108
szarroug3
Zealot

Found a pretty bad bug.. released 3.0.1
Old 12-04-2016, 12:35 AM   #109
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hello. In some places, the words aren't readable.
Spoiler:

I think it's the people's Aliases (separated by commas on the plugin preferences) that are not showing correctly

Also, this is the best plugin ever. Thank you

Last edited by CalbertAmu; 12-04-2016 at 12:40 AM.
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:02 AM   #110
szarroug3
Zealot

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into this. Can you send me the link to the goodreads page? Also I'm glad you like it!
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 02:23 AM   #111
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...and-punishment
Old 12-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #112
szarroug3
Zealot

Thanks! I was able to recreate it and fix it. I'm working on some other changes so I might not release for a few more days but it'll definitely be fixed in the next release!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #113
szarroug3
Zealot

@CalbertAmu, the fix for the issue you reported has been fixed in 3.0.2. Happy reading!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #114
Kuhnke
Kuhnke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Problem after update x-ray

Hello together,

after updating wonderful x-ray creator I got an error message (see below).

The button in calibre exist, x-ray creator SEEMs to work, but no files are created.
Calibre preferences say, x-ray creator is not installed.

I'm a little bit confused...

Does someone have a clue?

Kuhnke

___
calibre, version 2.74.0
FEHLER: Erweiterungsinstallation fehlgeschlagen: Während der Installation der Erweiterung ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Diese Erweiterung wird nun entfernt. Bitte veröffentlichen Sie die folgende detaillierte Fehlermeldung im Diskussionsforum dieser Erweiterung und starten Sie Calibre neu.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 721, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 463, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 58, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 199, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.__init__", line 6, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name __prefs__
Kuhnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #115
PaladinMJ
PaladinMJ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Itouch
Exclamation error

calibre, version 2.74.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 721, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 463, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 58, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 199, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.__init__", line 6, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name __prefs__
PaladinMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:58 AM   #116
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur

It showed an error for me too. Try to uninstall the plugin and install it again. There might be another error message, but should work after that.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #117
szarroug3
Zealot

Hm, that's pretty strange! I'll try to roll mine back and update to see if I get the same errors. In the meantime, can you try to uninstalling and reinstalling like CalbertAmu said and let me know if that changes anything? Thanks! Also, love your avatar CalbertAmu
Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #118
szarroug3
Zealot

I've been able to recreate the issue by downgrading to 2.2.1 and then upgrading to 3.0.2. If you'd like to follow the status of the issue, feel free to look here. It does seem that trying to reinstall after uninstalling has worked. If it doesn't, try running Calibre as Admin and retrying.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #119
szarroug3
Zealot

3.0.3 is out. Fixed the update issue. Made a few other minor logic fixes as well.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #120
sarazeen
sarazeen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
3.0.3 is out. Fixed the update issue. Made a few other minor logic fixes as well.
Hi!

I realize I'm very new to the scene, but I really need some help. I've installed your excellent plugin, but for some reason, when I click Send File To Device, Calibre just shows me "Job: "Sending Files to Device" failed with error:".

Any tips for me? Thank you
sarazeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray