Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #76
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Nice plugin, Samreen! Since you made it to work on Mac OS, sending the X-Ray files to my Kindle PW3 under Linux is working nicely, too, thanks.

Unfortunately, though, you keep forgetting (since 1.1.0 to be precise) to update the plugin's version in __init__.py so Calibre (and, consequently, the user) never "sees" the updates.
Simply increase "version = (1, 1, 0)" in __init__.py and we'll all be even happier campers. :-)
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #77
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Nice plugin, Samreen! Since you made it to work on Mac OS, sending the X-Ray files to my Kindle PW3 under Linux is working nicely, too, thanks.

Unfortunately, though, you keep forgetting (since 1.1.0 to be precise) to update the plugin's version in __init__.py so Calibre (and, consequently, the user) never "sees" the updates.
Simply increase "version = (1, 1, 0)" in __init__.py and we'll all be even happier campers. :-)
Thanks Philanthrop! You should thank stoduk.. he's the one that actually put in the functionality to make it work on Mac OS and Linux but I'm super happy to hear it does work on linux as we haven't been able to test that yet. About the version numbers, yeah we noticed.. My fault! haha I'll update them in zip's for the old versions but the newest version we're working on is already up to date.
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 01:56 PM   #78
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PW
This is my save template
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

but the plugins is not able to recognize the books, it says in the log:
AZW3: The book is not on the device.
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #79
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
This is my save template
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

but the plugins is not able to recognize the books, it says in the log:
AZW3: The book is not on the device.
Hm, what are the name and author of the book? And what is the directory to the book (I just need the part after documents -- documents/Dickens, Charles/A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens.azw3)? It might be a case I missed where Calibre modifies the name and/or author or something.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #80
Belenos
Connoisseur
Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.Belenos got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
Hm, what are the name and author of the book? And what is the directory to the book (I just need the part after documents -- documents/Dickens, Charles/A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens.azw3)? It might be a case I missed where Calibre modifies the name and/or author or something.
I:\documents\Philip K. Dick\Valis.azw3

But it's the same with all the books
Advert
Old 05-27-2016, 01:06 AM   #81
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
I:\documents\Philip K. Dick\Valis.azw3

But it's the same with all the books
Looks like the format you're using isn't what you said above. It looks like it's {author}\{title}. We're looking into a way to get the location of the book from calibre but right now, it only works if the book is at {author sort}\{title} - {author}.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:09 AM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Looks like the format you're using isn't what you said above. It looks like it's {author}\{title}. We're looking into a way to get the location of the book from calibre but right now, it only works if the book is at {author sort}\{title} - {author}.
You can see an example of getting the path in the calibre source in gui2/actions/annotate.py. The method fetch_annotations does it for all books selected in the library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #83
Belenos
Connoisseur

Quote:
You're right, sorry. I thought that it was the same as in the "sending books to the device". It was {author} /{title} instead.

So if I use {author sort}\{title} - {author} it should work? Thanks, I will try it

edit. Tried, it doesn't seem to work:

edit2. tried with {title} - {author}, nothing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w1AA3iL.png
Views:	335
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	149006  

Last edited by issybird; 05-29-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Oversize image thumbnailed.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #84
stoduk
stoduk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle Paperwhite V2
Did you rename that manually or did Calibre do it? I think you are missing a directory to fix what the plugin is expecting - try fixing that and seeing if it helps.

You've got
Quote:
i:\documents\{title} - {author}
when you should have
Quote:
i:\documents\{author sort}\{title} - {author}
For example, I have this (using OS X, so different slashes):
Quote:
/Volumes/Kindle/documents/Dickens, Charles/Christmas Carol, A - Charles Dickens.mobi
/Volumes/Kindle/documents/Dickens, Charles/Christmas Carol, A - Charles Dickens.sdr/
stoduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #85
szarroug3
Zealot

I've uploaded v2.1.2. It has some minor fixes.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:05 AM   #86
Selfmade_Chap
Selfmade_Chap began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Unhappy

If i try to make the xray file i get back.

X-Ray Creation:
Books Failed:
Ready Player One - Ernest Cline: Could not find amazon page.

X-Ray Sending:
Books Failed:

i tried multiple books and all came back with the same error.
I tried Putting in the correct ASIN but it doesnt get accepted.
Selfmade_Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #87
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmade_Chap View Post
If i try to make the xray file i get back.

X-Ray Creation:
Books Failed:

X-Ray Sending:
Books Failed:

i tried multiple books and all came back with the same error.
I tried Putting in the correct ASIN but it doesnt get accepted.
Sorry for the late reply. I'll try to look into this today. What do you mean the correct ASIN doesn't get accepted?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:54 AM   #88
Selfmade_Chap
Selfmade_Chap began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I took the ASIN from Amazon and put it in the metadata field. but it idoesnt work.
Selfmade_Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #89
szarroug3
Zealot

Hm, I'm not having the same issue. Are you by any chance using a proxy or anything like that?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #90
GruberMa
GruberMa began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (1, 2)
I also have the "Could not find amazon page" problem. I do not use a proxy or something comparable. My internet connection is IPv6, could this lead to a name resolution problem?

If I can provide logs or traces, please let me know.
GruberMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray