Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #181
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Will this plugin work with the new Kindle Basic (8th gen) that was just released yesterday (7 July)?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #182
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@93terp: Since we don't (yet) have a JB for it, currently, no.

Once that (and a few other hurdles) are cleared, possibly. The code is ready (on my end).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #183
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@93terp: Since we don't (yet) have a JB for it, currently, no.

Once that (and a few other hurdles) are cleared, possibly. The code is ready (on my end).
Thanks much NiLuJe.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #184
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 1.7.17, now that we're a go on the Oasis & Basic 2 .
Old 07-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #185
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
I'm still unable to port over the collections data when using azw3 files, I thought this was fixed? Installed most recent update.

Maybe I missed something. Combed through this and the old thread :|

Forgive me if I missed it. .mobi works fine.
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #186
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@crouton: Err, details?

I've been exclusively using KF8 books since basically forever, and that doesn't ring a bell. (That, and the book format is barely a factor in the stuff at play here).
Old 07-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #187
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use the PI to Generate collections from Calibre (and I use AZW3 on my K4)
I see 'collection' grouping, containing the titles.

I did notice in Device view (calibre):
I assigned a book to a Collection from my K4. It shows in the collections column of device view, the others don't.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #188
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@theducks: Calibre's device view hasn't really properly supported Kindle collections since... a while. Some legacy stuff will show up, most stuff won't, perfectly expected.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #189
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@theducks: Calibre's device view hasn't really properly supported Kindle collections since... a while. Some legacy stuff will show up, most stuff won't, perfectly expected.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #190
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
Quote:
@crouton: Err, details?

I've been exclusively using KF8 books since basically forever, and that doesn't ring a bell. (That, and the book format is barely a factor in the stuff at play here).
I use kindle 3 (keyboard) exclusively, when I use calibre to send a book that is azw3 to the kindle the Series kindle collection data is not sent over. If I send the same book in mobi format the series kindle collection data is sent fine. I have it set up to label the series starting with Series Name [01].

Is there some setting I am missing? I am using calibre 2.62. Thanks
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #191
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@crouton: o_O.

Which version of the plugin are you using?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #192
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
@NiLuJe is it possible for the reset collection time option to only work on collections? Reason being it wipes out my recent books (on new Kindle firmware front screen) every time i run the plugin which is a pain (I have my book and ones I read to my daughter in recents).

I can turn it off if need be but wasnt sure if selective reset was possible.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:53 PM   #193
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question

I've got the current version of Calibre, Collections Plugin. I haven't updated the Collections Manager on the kindle, but my issues have been happening for a long time and I'm just now getting ambitious enough to try to fix them.

1) I've got quite a few books that won't go into collections even though I've got a column to assign a collection and they are properly assigned. Can't figure out why they are not in a collection.

2) I've got two versions of a collection on the kindle. So I thought one of them had a typo and that would create two almost identically named collections, but that's not it. I've eyeballed the two collections and there is no typo. In the drop-down of collections there is only one of the collection in the list.

3) When I create collections with Calibre, it tells me I have several duplicate books. I don't see that Calibre shows them to me as separate books so I can delete one. Is it supposed to?

4) When I acquire a new book from Amazon, it is delivered to my paper white 2 and then I use Calibre to import it into my Calibre library. I then assign it to a collection. Do I need to send the book back to the device using Calibre before running the plugin? Or just run the plugin without sending the book back. Doing the former may have created some of my duplicates, but I thought Calibre would replace identically named books.

The Collections Manager runs fine on the Kindle with no problems. BTW, I am using an iMac.

Thanks for any help.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #194
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@oblox: It does only affect collections. I suspect what you're seeing might be a byproduct of the exact Library view you're using, but this thing has changed behavior so much depending on the exact FW version that I can't really be sure...

@jangell2:

1/ Check the processing output with Calibre in debug mode?

2/ Which drop-down?
Can't recall the details, but that might be entirely possible if one was created by the device, one by the cloud, one by CM, or one by LS, of some kind of mixup like that.
LS has a "clear everything" button if for some reason it's undeletable on device.

3/ That might very well be the root cause of 1. Again, checking the logs should help.

4/ If you don't change the ASIN, you should be fine as-is. And, yeah, sending them will do so in a different path, which definitely explains the duplicates (and answers my question: you don't tweak ASINs [and for good reason, that'd make no sense in your workflow], so, yeah, don't re-send them).
If you do have a good reason for re-sending the book (markup tweaks, metadata tweaks, cover tweaks, ...), then yeah, delete the 'original' on device copy first.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:28 AM   #195
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
2) The drop down is the one that shows up when typing a collection name into the custom column. Type a couple of letters and you get a suggestion of what name to use without typing the whole name in. What is LS?

3) How do I remove duplicate books?

4) Is changing or adding a collection name reason to resend a book?

I'll try debug mode. Haven't done it before.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle