Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
tcrockett
tcrockett began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Kobo Wifi content is blank

I was having no issues with my Kobo until I loaded a book for a friend so she could try out the ereader. The Kobo lost all of my books and now says "no books found". Below are the details:

KOBO
- onboard storage is blank under settings
- external storage shows my sd card

CALIBRE
- using calibre I have uploaded books to the main and the sd card
- when I use calibre to see what is on my device and card, the books are there but the size is 0
- when I eject my kobo it processes the new content but comes up "no books found"
- tried turning off and on again
- tried a basic reset as well as a factory reset.

RESETS
- I had to reset because I wasn't getting anywhere with the kobo and when I look in "my computer" the kobo was blank. No .kobo, .kobo-images... nothing. this caused a huge issue where only my computer would recognize my kobo. the kobo desktop app acted like it wasn't there and calibre said that there was a communication error and that it was unable to read the database.

I am pretty frustrated and not tech savvy at all. If anyone has any ideas of what I need to do next that would be great!
tcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo wifi