Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Left-handed or Right-handed? Which are you?
Right handed 81 68.07%
Left handed 30 25.21%
Ambidextrous 8 6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #151
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I ran across this, and was reminded of this thread.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:23 AM   #152
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I'm right handed, but have always been able to play many games equally well with either hand, Tennis, Racquetball, Ping Pong and Bowling to name a few.

Two of my children are left handed or so they claim. I say they are right-handed.

They argue that since they write with their left hand that they win this argument and they are in fact left handed. I told them only one thing determines whether you are left-handed or right-handed and it is not writing. They looked at me puzzled and asked me what I'm talking about. I asked them the definitive question. Which hand do you use to clean your backside? I won the argument.

Does your answer to the poll change if my question is the determining factor?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #153
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
From that article : "Identical twins often have different dominant hands, Llaurens said."

Which is support for my point, handedness is a learned preference not a genetic reality.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #154
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There may be a subtle bias to this poll since it was started by a lefty and the stated purpose was to see if this population has a higher-than-average lefty-to-righty ratio. I can easily imagine that lefties would be more inclined to chime in as a gesture of support. Then again, I've often been told that I have no imagination. I'm right handed.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #155
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
There may be a subtle bias to this poll since it was started by a lefty and the stated purpose was to see if this population has a higher-than-average lefty-to-righty ratio.
This could be true. Lefties could also be drawn more quickly to this thread so closing the poll quickly might also be a factor.

I don't understand why a poll like this wouldn't just remain open.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #156
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm right handed, but have always been able to play many games equally well with either hand, Tennis, Racquetball, Ping Pong and Bowling to name a few.

Two of my children are left handed or so they claim. I say they are right-handed.

They argue that since they write with their left hand that they win this argument and they are in fact left handed. I told them only one thing determines whether you are left-handed or right-handed and it is not writing. They looked at me puzzled and asked me what I'm talking about. I asked them the definitive question. Which hand do you use to clean your backside? I won the argument.

Does your answer to the poll change if my question is the determining factor?
By that definition virtually EVERYONE in Arab dominant countries would be southpaws.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote