Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
The Straven
Nevermore
The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ex-iLiad, DR800SG
Tocqueville, Alexis de: Democracy in America, Vol. I. PDF/A5/v2. 01 June 2011

This is the first of two volumes of "Democracy in America". charlski uploaded an EPUB version of both volumes here. This version is based on my earlier attempt here, and, as the title says, only consists of the first volume. The source text is the same PG text; I deleted a fair chunk of duplicate text, which is why I deleted the PG script.

This file is formatted to A5 size, 476 pages. Text font is Georgia, 12 pt., with footnotes in 9 pt.; line spacing is 0.22", justification is full. Footnotes are highlighted, which I realize is my idiosyncratic taste; I'll post the source file to my earlier thread for anyone whom it really, really bothers. A footer rather than a header is used. Linked TOC is included; the "[CONTENTS]" text in the left-page footer links back to the TOC. LibreOffice generates a full set of bookmarks from the headers, of course. frabjous suggested a cover, but since I'm lazy I merely added color to the title page, which looks muddy on eInk displays but should be fine on all LCDs. I also added a good number of soft hyphens: any errors in hyphenation are mine alone.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alexis de Tocqueville - Democracy in America, Vol. I.pdf (2.20 MB, 1074 views)
The Straven is offline   Reply With Quote