Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Sony PRS-600

Hi all,

for those on a tight budget, this may be of interest - a Sony PRS-600 for under USD$100:

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/t...BC?id=pzKMzz67

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
The only one I saw for less than $100 was the "nonfunctional" one where the picture clearly showed a broken e-ink screen.

The "functional" ones were $144. At that price I think the PRS-350 is a much better value. Giving up 1 inch in screen real-estate is really worth it for the much improve pearl screen and the much improved touch screen.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Marcy, et al,

My apologies. I don't know exactly what went wrong. It certainly shows USD$99.42 when I use my link, showing 31 left in stock. But yes, there broken ones there as well.

I also went back the email I received. I copied and pasted this link into my browser, from my original email:

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/t...v_pc=email0202

- which showed the same pricing I quoted above. (It says email subscribers only, but my feeling is that anyone with the right page should be able to buy without problems.

I guess if anyone is really keen on one of these, I can forward the email in its entirety.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
That site has some sort of funky unreliable pricing. If I click it now it shows them at $163.

Addendum: If I click the 2nd link you posted they do indeed come up at $99 and change. The "nonfunctional" one is also $22 instead of $44. Again this site is kind of creepy with it's slippery pricing.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Metal Mick
Addict

HI Marcy, et al,

I understand. But I think there is some sort of code being executed. I got the same initial pricing you did, but only once.

Perhaps they are trying to keep the page(s) hidden, and only accessible to those who receive the email for weekly specials.

I'm sorry if this has caused frustration. Their site can be a little intractable at times.

I think I'll be a little more circumspect in future.

Cheers,
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
The only one I saw for less than $100 was the "nonfunctional" one where the picture clearly showed a broken e-ink screen.

The "functional" ones were $144. At that price I think the PRS-350 is a much better value. Giving up 1 inch in screen real-estate is really worth it for the much improve pearl screen and the much improved touch screen.

-Marcy
Pricing concerns aside, I'll agree with the recommendation for the pearl screens. They're much crisper and easier to read.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote