Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you checked the spam folder in your email on the email server? Sometimes things get shuffled off there even when they are real. I check every so often and find it to be so sometimes.
I don't have a spam filter, and haven't gotten an email from them since April. And I'm still registered with a good email address and have been buying off and on since then. Since I used up my micropay.... no emails.

Just a word of warning when paying with Paypal (and I'm sure what ever credit card) CHECK THE TOTAL before hitting the final 'submit' button with this coupon.

I was expecting to spend about $29, but it came up as just over $70 when the paypal page pulled up. I know the coupon was entered correctly the first time, and the price didn't show different until I got into Paypal.

The second time it came up with the coupon price. And I re-checked Paypal afterwards to make sure. It was okay.

I've never seen it do that before.

But I almost screwed up.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
Would "current tools" include Calibre to make this work with my Sony?
Only with the de-drm plug-ins, obtained elsewhere. Calibre on its own doesn't remove DRM for legal reasons.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
brecky
brecky began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre pro
I just registered & tried to place an ebook order to take advantage of this discount but the order would not process because I did not choose a format. I don't see where I choose a format? Is this because I'm from Canada & we're part of the geographical block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
Fictionwise, Coupon code: cybermonday2010

Attachment 61980
brecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #19
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecky View Post
I just registered & tried to place an ebook order to take advantage of this discount but the order would not process because I did not choose a format. I don't see where I choose a format? Is this because I'm from Canada & we're part of the geographical block?
You are trying to buy a book available in more than one format, that is not multiformat. I didn't think FW had any more of those and were down to only ereader as a secure format, but there is a pull-down menu on the order screen where you choose what format you want.

What book is it?

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I don't receive emails from Fictionwise, they stopped last spring. I still get the occasional eReader email.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
You are trying to buy a book available in more than one format, that is not multiformat. I didn't think FW had any more of those and were down to only ereader as a secure format, but there is a pull-down menu on the order screen where you choose what format you want.

What book is it?

-Marcy
I just bought eight of the first ten Aaron Elkins book about "Gideon Oliver" mysteries in Epub format. They seem to have all the options for multi-format that they did before.

I don't remember specifically, but to chose a format that's usually on the main book page, that gives you all the book info. IIRC, it was a tab over at the upper left where you had to chose a format.

As for being in Canada, it'll depend on the book...

(although I don't know how old this page is, or if anything has changed.)

http://store.fictionwise.com/help/Ge...ictionsFAQ.htm

What countries does this affect?
The majority of our eBooks can be purchased by anyone in the world. All multiformat eBooks are unrestricted, for example.

Every single eBook we sell can be sold to residents of the USA. Almost all of them can be sold to residents of Canada.

Fewer than ten percent of our titles are restricted in any way. In most cases the restrictions are for European countries or Australia, but in some cases the restrictions can be quite complicated and affect many different regions. The eBook's description page will list any restrictions.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #22
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I just bought eight of the first ten Aaron Elkins book about "Gideon Oliver" mysteries in Epub format. They seem to have all the options for multi-format that they did before.

I don't remember specifically, but to chose a format that's usually on the main book page, that gives you all the book info. IIRC, it was a tab over at the upper left where you had to chose a format.

As for being in Canada, it'll depend on the book...

(although I don't know how old this page is, or if anything has changed.)

http://store.fictionwise.com/help/Ge...ictionsFAQ.htm

What countries does this affect?
The majority of our eBooks can be purchased by anyone in the world. All multiformat eBooks are unrestricted, for example.

Every single eBook we sell can be sold to residents of the USA. Almost all of them can be sold to residents of Canada.

Fewer than ten percent of our titles are restricted in any way. In most cases the restrictions are for European countries or Australia, but in some cases the restrictions can be quite complicated and affect many different regions. The eBook's description page will list any restrictions.
I don't think I was clear in my original post. If you are buying a *secure* ebook, i.e. one "protected" in some way by DRM and if that ebook is available in more than one format and you don't pick a format in your shopping cart you get that prompt.

I used to get it all the time. But I think the only secure format FW has any more is eReader so it would surprise me to see this error anymore.

-Marcy

PS: I bought all the Gideon Oliver books too!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #23
brecky

I tried to order a John Grisham, but I see all of his are for eReaders. I doubt I'll be suing that site much unless I can easily remove the DRM protection ;o(
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #24
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Great coupon! Picked up one of my favorite sci-fi short story collections, STORIES OF YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS by Ted Chiang (highly recommended!) and got to sample ELLERY QUEEN and ALFRED HITCHCOCK mystery magazines for cheap. All in EPUB format. Thanks!
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #25
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Picked up Terry Brooks complete Landover trilogy for $6.40 so I'm happy. Now to convert it to ePub since Fictionwise only sells protected books in eReader now.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #26
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecky View Post
I tried to order a John Grisham, but I see all of his are for eReaders. I doubt I'll be suing that site much unless I can easily remove the DRM protection ;o(
Suing them? Either you're a lawyer or you've been reading too many Grisham already!

Easy is in the eye of the beholder, but once you've installed the right software, it's usually straightforward to strip eReader DRM and convert to ePub or Mobi formats with Calibre.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #27
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Suing them? Either you're a lawyer or you've been reading too many Grisham already!

Easy is in the eye of the beholder, but once you've installed the right software, it's usually straightforward to strip eReader DRM and convert to ePub or Mobi formats with Calibre.
eReader is not the simple 1 step process of ePub DRM, but it still isn't too hard. Definitely something you have to read up on though to do correctly.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #28
brecky

tee hee, just another one of my typos......
Old 11-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #29
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
eReader is not the simple 1 step process of ePub DRM, but it still isn't too hard. Definitely something you have to read up on though to do correctly.
With the correct plug-in it's a simple 2-step process.

1) Import the file into calibre, with the correct plug-in installed.

2) Convert your pmlz file to epub or whatever format.

Really couldn't be much simpler.

-Marcy
Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #30
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Thanks for sharing. The code still worked as of 5:30 Tuesday. I killed off the last tiny bit of MicroPay, and bought a bunch of old backlist from a favorite author (Mary Jo Putney). Can't say I've liked her recent books, so it will be nice to curl up with some oldies and see if I still like her.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fictionwise