Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Paddington_Bear
Paddington_Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Trouble converting mobi to epub.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to using calibre and when trying to convert a dictionary from mobi to epub it kept failing. I've attached a txt file with the error logs from the gui app and the command line app. It looks to me like they're failing in the same spot, but I have no real idea what the problem is.
Attached Files
File Type: txt new 1.txt (5.5 KB, 286 views)
Paddington_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The memory error that first occurs indicates that something ran out of memory while converting. I don't know the cause of that, unless that's a really huge ebook...
Another thing that occured to me is that ePub doesn't support dictionaries, Mobipocket however does. You might not have the ability to look up anything, depending on what reading software you use.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need a rather powerful computer to successfuly convert dictionaries and even if you do succeed, as Manichean pointed out, the result wont be a useable dictionary, just a normal book with a list of words and their meanings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Paddington_Bear
Paddington_Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hm. Thanks for the quick reply. The book doesn't seem that big. It's a bit over 6mb. Thanks again.
Paddington_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote