Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #31
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
its my impression that azw3 files are have better formatting of text that the kindle takes advantage of, maybe i'm wrong. also its more compressed
Ah okay. I'll take a look at getting x-ray files for azw3 this weekend. Hopefully it'll be simple enough for a small revision to get this working. I'll keep you updated
szarroug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #32
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
Ah okay. I'll take a look at getting x-ray files for azw3 this weekend. Hopefully it'll be simple enough for a small revision to get this working. I'll keep you updated
thank you
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #33
szarroug3
Zealot
szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'szarroug3 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
thank you
I've taken a look at whether you could just create the x-ray file from mobi and then use it for the azw3 book file. As I've mentioned before, you can as long as the ASIN is the same but the highlighting doesn't work that way. It seems like something is modified in the book's content when you do the conversion so the location data is incorrect. You can still manually click x-ray and use it that way. You just can't highlight and get the x-ray pop up.

I've come up with a way to do it but it'll take time and research so it may take a while. I've post a new version once I do get it working.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #34
fardeenah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by szarroug3 View Post
I've come up with a way to do it but it'll take time and research so it may take a while. I've post a new version once I do get it working.
awesome it makes it so much easier! it would be cool also to give an option to choose a shelali URL in case it cant be automatically searched
Old 04-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #35
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
awesome it makes it so much easier! it would be cool also to give an option to choose a shelali URL in case it cant be automatically searched
Yeah i'm looking at book specific settings for the next major revision. Also, I've gotten azw3 x-ray files working. Just need to do more testing. New version should be coming shortly.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #36
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This is great, thanks. Will it even be able to create the Author Profiles and Start Actions, etc?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #37
fardeenah
Connoisseur

can i also know where the created x ray is saved and if they persist in calibre or does it create xray everytime u try to copy an ebook.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #38
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
This is great, thanks. Will it even be able to create the Author Profiles and Start Actions, etc?
You're welcome As of right now, it does not. All it creates is the x-ray with the basic information (terms/characters/quotes). I don't have any plans for doing that just yet but I could probably do it in a later version. I'm the only dev working on it so I have to pick and choose what I can commit to.

Quote:
can i also know where the created x ray is saved and if they persist in calibre or does it create xray everytime u try to copy an ebook.
It gets saved in the folder where the book is (in the calibre library). When you do a "create x-ray" it recreates it. If you do a "send to device", it will send it if it already exists in the aforementioned location. There's a setting in the preferences that will allow the plugin to create the x-ray file when trying to send it if it doesn't exist already.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #39
fardeenah
Connoisseur

thank you, any updates about the plugin?
Old 04-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #40
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
thank you, any updates about the plugin?
Sorry for the delay. I reformatted a lot of the code which introduced a lot of bugs so I've been working on fixing that. I have a working version up. Still testing but it should work in most general cases. I know you were looking for azw3 so make sure to check your preferences to enable azw3 in it. The update is linked in the main post.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #41
fardeenah
Connoisseur

thank you so much!

i tried creating an x ray but got the following error

Starting job: Creating X-Ray Files

04-30-2016 07:43:53 The Girl in the Ice: A Gripping Serial Killer Thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 1) - Robert Bryndza
04-30-2016 07:43:53 Getting shelfari url...
04-30-2016 07:43:59 Parsing shelfari data...
04-30-2016 07:44:31 Getting format specific data...
04-30-2016 07:44:31 Parsing book data...

X-Ray Creation:
Books Completed:
The Girl in the Ice: A Gripping Serial Killer Thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 1) - Robert Bryndza: AZW3
Job: "Creating X-Ray Files" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 106, in create_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 73, in get_results_send
KeyError: 'send_status'

Called with args: () {u'notifications': , u'abort': , u'log': }

Last edited by fardeenah; 04-29-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #42
fardeenah
Connoisseur

i'm gonna post this in another thread so as not to confuse you as this is another issue

i tried finding x ray for a book
the girl with the dragon tattoo
http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Dragon-Ta...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

and here is the shelfari URL

http://www.shelfari.com/books/354264...-Dragon-Tattoo

i properly added the ASIN
amazon:B00480O9L4, mobi-asin:B00480O9L4

but i get the following error when i tried to find the xray

04-30-2016 07:54:07 The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
04-30-2016 07:54:07 Getting ASIN...
04-30-2016 07:54:12 Getting shelfari url...

X-Ray Creation:
Books Failed:
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson: Could not find shelfari page.

X-Ray Sending:
Books Failed:
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson: Could not find shelfari page.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #43
szarroug3
Zealot

The first error is a legitimate error that I'll have to look into. The second seems like shelfari doesn't have the book under that asin.. I'll have to look for an alternate way of looking for it when the asin fails. I'll see if I can find the asin shelfari uses for it.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #44
szarroug3
Zealot

Quote:
thank you so much!

i tried creating an x ray but got the following error

04-30-2016 07:43:53 The Girl in the Ice: A Gripping Serial Killer Thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 1) - Robert Bryndza
04-30-2016 07:43:53 Getting shelfari url...
04-30-2016 07:43:59 Parsing shelfari data...
04-30-2016 07:44:31 Getting format specific data...
04-30-2016 07:44:31 Parsing book data...

X-Ray Creation:
Books Completed:
The Girl in the Ice: A Gripping Serial Killer Thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 1) - Robert Bryndza: AZW3
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 106, in create_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 73, in get_results_send
KeyError: 'send_status'

Called with args: () {u'notifications': , u'abort': , u'log': }

Okay, I fixed this bug. It was a really stupid error on my behalf. I can't believe I never encountered it when I was testing. Thanks for reporting it!! You can get the new zip on the main post.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #45
fardeenah
Connoisseur

05-03-2016 16:10:38 The Girl on the Train: A Novel - Paula Hawkins
05-03-2016 16:10:38 Getting ASIN...
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 94, in create_xrays_event
File "calibre_plugins.xray_creator.lib.xray_creator ", line 50, in get_results_create
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Called with args: () {u'abort': , u'notifications': , u'log': }

Tags
x-ray