Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
EdwardTrunk
EdwardTrunk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry Calibre issues after switching to Ubuntu MATE?

Have previously been using Calibre for a number of years without any problems but now I have some major issues in that the program is very slow to start up and then none of my library of books is displayed and the whole operating system becomes unresponsive. The only way I can recover is to kill Calibre. I noticed at the time that I killed it it was using 1.1G of memory!

The only change I've made recently is to switch from Ubuntu 14.04 GNOME Flashback to Ubuntu MATE. Could that have caused the problem and is there anything I can do to fix it? I tried installing the very latest version of Calibre but it made no difference.

Any help greatly appreciated.

p.s. have since tried completing uninstalling it and re-installing but made no difference.

Last edited by EdwardTrunk; 04-02-2016 at 05:38 PM.
EdwardTrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sww if Calibre memory usage - Linux helps
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
EdwardTrunk

It's definitely related to Ubuntu MATE as if I log out and load the Ubuntu GNOME Flashback interface again, Calibre works perfectly.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
What version of calibre are you using? I used calibre with a mint 17 mate system with no problems.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTrunk View Post
It's definitely related to Ubuntu MATE as if I log out and load the Ubuntu GNOME Flashback interface again, Calibre works perfectly.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #5
EdwardTrunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
What version of calibre are you using? I used calibre with a mint 17 mate system with no problems.

bernie
I'm using 2.54 on Ubuntu MATE 14.04 and was previously using 2.45 when the problem started, although 2.45 worked perfectly prior to installing MATE.