Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #181
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelr View Post
Noboy knows?
Did you check the "User guide" spoiler in the very first page and have you read Calibre's manual about adding custom columns? If yes, then please explain your problem in more details.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #182
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Well, yes. I added a custom colum with the name "hyphenated", after restart it is displayed but it doesn't contain any value on any entry.

Could you maybe just make make a screenshot of the correct settings?
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #183
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
There's already a screenshot in post #2.

If you've called your new calibre column hyphenated then the value you need to enter in the bottom left box (Column name) is #hyphenated
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:24 AM   #184
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelr View Post
Well, yes. I added a custom colum with the name "hyphenated", after restart it is displayed but it doesn't contain any value on any entry.
Hi again. Now I've got your "problem" :-D This column does not display any value unless one performs an action with the plugin. I.e. it is filled in when one hyphenates the book or removes hyphenation. When one creates a column, there is no default value. So empty column is expected. Try to hyphenate the book and you'll see value filled in. Also as another commenter suggested, add a hash sign before column's name in the plugin's configuration. Also while creating column note there is column's "real" name and "displayed" name.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #185
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Thanks jackie_w and Saulius, that did the trick.
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #186
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Updated Calibre to v2.0 right now. I'm using the Windows XP 32 bit version.
It seems to me there's now a problem with "Hyphenate This".

When I run the plugin the work gets done - the AZW3 is hyphenated, saved and perfectly readeable - but Calibre crashes at the end (maybe during the cleanup?)

Is this happening just to me?
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #187
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Is this happening just to me?
I just ran the plugin in calibre 2.0.0 under OS X 10.9.4. Everything seems to work fine -- both the plugin and calibre (i.e. it doesn't crash after the plugin runs).
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #188
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Updated Calibre to v2.0 right now. I'm using the Windows XP 32 bit version.
Because of certain problems between QT5 and Windows XP the next version of Calibre coming out this Friday will not even try to install on a Windows XP machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The download page for calibre says:
Quote:
calibre 2.x uses Qt 5 which is known to be incompatible with some Windows XP machines. If you are using Windows XP and calibre crashes soon after startup, use calibre 1.48, which works with all Windows XP machines, from here. Simply un-install calibre 2.x and install 1.48, doing so will not affect your books/settings.
In fact, the problems are so severe that starting with the release coming on Friday 29/8, calibre 2.x will refuse to install on XP. Your only choices are to stay on 1.48 or to upgrade Windows.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #189
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Windows XP and Qt5 has issues working together. If you are using Windows XP, it's time for an upgrade. Besides, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are both much faster then XP.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #190
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I tried this on my kobo touch (firmware 3.3.0) and it doesn't seem to work.

What I did first was to completely remove the normal hyphen dictionnary from my kobo, because it doesn't seem to work well (I've been messing arount with hyph.dic quite a lot). I then checked a specific chapter from a book, and it didn't displayed any hyphen.

I then used the plugin to "sof hyphen" that book. I checked the book in calibre eviewer and I could see lots of soft-hyphen.

I re-sent this book to the kobo, and read the same chapter. It tried with and without justification, with no result. Still not a single hyphen (which is better than bad hyphens, tho...)

Is the kobo supposed to be able to use this ?
Thanks !
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #191
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only Reader that can make use of this plugin is the Kindle. The Kindle is able to handle soft-hypens. ADE used on the Kobo is not able to handle soft-hyphens and displays them as hyphens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #192
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
SauliusP.
I'd like to run Hyphenate This! from command line.
Something like this:
Code:
calibre-debug -e hyphenate_this.py input.epub output_hyphenated.epub
Would you recommend/help how to do this?
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #193
silasg
silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Hi,

I have tested this approach and found, that Kindle does not support hyphenation in older MOBI format, only in AZW3, a.k.a. MOBI8.
For me hyphenation keeps working when I use Hyphenate This on Epubs and afterwards convert them to KF8 MOBI using Amazon's KindleGen.

Yes, that's a weird workaround but so far it seems the only way for me having both, hyphenation and WhisperSync. Works on my Kindle Voyage as well as on Kindle for Android.
silasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #194
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasg View Post
For me hyphenation keeps working when I use Hyphenate This on Epubs and afterwards convert them to KF8 MOBI using Amazon's KindleGen.

Yes, that's a weird workaround but so far it seems the only way for me having both, hyphenation and WhisperSync. Works on my Kindle Voyage as well as on Kindle for Android.
Interesting, could you please elaborate on this?
One thing that pesters me is, in fact, not being able to use this plugin with books I "own". I mean, I own according to the kindle, that is I have bought on amazon and then received downloaded on it.
I can, easily, download the book to my pc, import it in calibre and hypenate-this!, but if I do so, the azw3 changes its name when it is imported and even if I export it and rename the exported azw3 with the same name the amazon version has... somehow it is not recognized by amazon as the same book, so no whispersync no nothing.
Did you find a way to overcome this?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #195
silasg
silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Interesting, could you please elaborate on this?
One thing that pesters me is, in fact, not being able to use this plugin with books I "own". I mean, I own according to the kindle, that is I have bought on amazon and then received downloaded on it.
I can, easily, download the book to my pc, import it in calibre and hypenate-this!, but if I do so, the azw3 changes its name when it is imported and even if I export it and rename the exported azw3 with the same name the amazon version has... somehow it is not recognized by amazon as the same book, so no whispersync no nothing.
Did you find a way to overcome this?
I'm sorry. Actually I don't know how to solve this. Since I just switched to Kindle (after they introduced the Voyage) I haven't bought any ebook on Amazon so far. Maybe you could send the hyphenized book as a mobi file (kf8) to your Kindle by mail? Of course, then the device would consider it beeing a 'document' instead of a 'book'.

But besides of that I wonder if ebooks bought at Amazon are not already hyphenized?! I really would expect that, if their reading devices need this to present a hyphened view of the text.
silasg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces