Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Aura One and pdf experience

Hello,

I am thinking about buying either Aura One or Kindle Voyage. For me a big issue is the pdf experience. I saw many videos/reviews saying that Aura One is simply ridiculously bad with pdfs which is a shame given such a nice screen.

Is it possible to install some other software to handle pdfs in Aura? Do I have to root my device?

Assuming it is possible, will the pdf experience will be comparable with Voyage/PWs/Oasis with their fast reflows and such?

Many Thanks!
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
An Aura One with Koreader is a lot nicer PDF experience than any Reader with a 6" screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
An Aura One with Koreader is a lot nicer PDF experience than any Reader with a 6" screen.
Is the speed comparable with latest Kindles? Do I have to jailbreak to install Koreader?

I cannot find any videos about using Koreader on Aura One. Can you highlight and annotate as with Kindles?

Last edited by SnowRipple; 03-13-2017 at 03:29 PM.
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo's do not need to be jailbroken to install patches and other software.

You are best to ask about the KA1 and Koreader over in the Koreader forum.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Initially reading PDFs on the KA1 was frustrating. After installing koreader on it, PDFs became much more manageable. I also installed koreader on my Kobo Aura. However, the larger screen on the KA1 makes the PDF experience more enjoyable on it than on the Aura.

Although I am not very technologically savvy, I was able to install koreader without any difficulty on both devices. | haven't tried highlighting or annotating so can't answer your questions on that matter.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert