Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
Sandeepyadav1602
Sandeepyadav1602 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2016 8th generation sy69jl
Kindle 2016 8th generation

Hi friends,
I have kindle 2016 8th generation model no is sy69jl. It was working fine for sometine. I let it unused for a month. It is not getting on. I put it in charging for 10-12 hours but nothing happened. Only the power led is blinking when i press power button. I tried to hard reset it by pressing power button for a minute but all in vain. I also opened it and pull out the battery and connected it again but still nothing happened. I have tried kubrick also,it is not being detected by kubrick and my pc. As per my knowledge it is a problem of software because led is blinking when i press power button and there is no physical damage to it. Screen is frozen on its pre installed wallpaper and nothing display on it except it.
Is there any tool which can detect it or i am missing any software on my pc. Please guys help me repairing it.
Sandeepyadav1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Leave it connected to a wall charger for at least 24h and see what happens.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Put it in your refrigerator and chill it for a few hours first.
Wrap lightly in a hand towel (or similar) when you take it out to protect it from condensation.
THEN put it on a wall charger (while still cold) until it starts to re-charge plus long enough to re-charge it fully.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
Sandeepyadav1602

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Put it in your refrigerator and chill it for a few hours first.
Wrap lightly in a hand towel (or similar) when you take it out to protect it from condensation.
THEN put it on a wall charger (while still cold) until it starts to re-charge plus long enough to re-charge it fully.
Tried this method today, no effect..
Old 09-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepyadav1602 View Post
You have not left it on the wall charger long enough. 24 hours minimum.
Plug it back in and forget about it until Wednesday at 3pm.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Details please.
Give times both to chill and to attempt to re-charge.

Check the obvious:
Is there power where the charger is plugged in?
Is the charger good?
Is the USB cable good?

Don't guess, check them.
Report back with all details.
We can't help going on only "did not work". (??????)
Old 09-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Details please.
Give times both to chill and to attempt to re-charge.

Check the obvious:
Is there power where the charger is plugged in?
Is the charger good?
Is the USB cable good?

Don't guess, check them.
Report back with all details.
We can't help going on only "did not work". (??????)
How did you know I occasionally forget to flip the switch?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
How did you know I occasionally forget to flip the switch?
Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of . . .
Sometimes the wall outlet(s), at least some of them, will be controlled by a wall switch.

I once lived in a house where the wall duplex outlets had the top outlet wired to wall switch(s) and the bottom one was always powered.
Strange, but was actually useful -
You could have multiple table and/or floor lamps all controlled by the wall switch. You didn't have to make a circuit around the room turning them all on or all off.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of . . .
Sometimes the wall outlet(s), at least some of them, will be controlled by a wall switch.

I once lived in a house where the wall duplex outlets had the top outlet wired to wall switch(s) and the bottom one was always powered.
Strange, but was actually useful -
You could have multiple table and/or floor lamps all controlled by the wall switch. You didn't have to make a circuit around the room turning them all on or all off.
I meant on the power strips and surge protectors but I have been in houses like that too.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #10
Sandeepyadav1602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You have not left it on the wall charger long enough. 24 hours minimum.
Plug it back in and forget about it until Wednesday at 3pm.
Battery is good, i also attached an external battery but still nothing..only led is blinking with both batteries..
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Now that you have established good battery, leave the darn thing charging because it sounds like the software is trying to do something.
Put it on a wall charger. Not an external battery and not a computer. Do not touch it or look at it until at least 10 am Thursday morning.
Quit messing with it and give it time to do its thing. Sometimes, the things can take up to 72 hours.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Battery is good, i also attached an external battery but still nothing..only led is blinking with both batteries..
That LED (and the battery management charger) are under firmware control.
Ask yourself, is the firmware working properly?
With that in mind, how much dependence can you put on the blinking LED?

You asked a question, we gave you an answer.
Now all you have to do is follow the directions you where given, completely, fully, without any "I know better than that" local alterations.
Then report back, in detail, each thing you did and the result of each.

If you could determine what information is important and what is not, then you would not have to be asking us in the first place; would you?
You are just wasting our time and yours if you do not cooperate.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #13
delcon64
delcon64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My Kindle 8th Gen wasn't charging - just displayed big battery with an exclamation mark. Holding button down caused LED to flash green then orange before some kind of reset occurred, back to displaying the battery - but still not charging (no orange LED). As a last resort, I followed the advice of knc1 and put the thing in the fridge for a day. Plugged it in and to my amazement, within 5 minutes it started charging and working perfectly normally! Thanks knc1!
delcon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcon64 View Post
My Kindle 8th Gen wasn't charging - just displayed big battery with an exclamation mark. Holding button down caused LED to flash green then orange before some kind of reset occurred, back to displaying the battery - but still not charging (no orange LED). As a last resort, I followed the advice of knc1 and put the thing in the fridge for a day. Plugged it in and to my amazement, within 5 minutes it started charging and working perfectly normally! Thanks knc1!
Thanks for the report.
That is the newest device I can recall hearing that this trick works on.

It must be a very persistent design problem with the hardware/battery, this trick has worked on devices as old as a K4.
(Darn, I am real glad I have not been in the department that has been making that mistake for so long.)