Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
sdblepas
sdblepas began at the beginning.

Device: none
Block google bot in calibre server

Hi all

I searched the forum but couldn't find the answer.
I have Calibre for quite some time now, and I'm using the calibre server so I can add any book frokm my kindle from anywhere.
Since I have lots of kindles in the familly I made the calibre server available to anyone so my wife, kids and other relative can add books.

Lately I found that google is reviewing my server and then that people that are not from my familly are accessing it.

I'm blocking unwanted users through my firewall but is there a way to stop google from indexing my site (like a robot.txt)?

Thank you
sdblepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
sdblepas

I found a way but it's only for google specific will not work for bing, Yhaoo ...
iptables -I FORWARD -s 66.249.0.0/16 -j DROP

So robot.txt would be nice
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set a password.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
sdblepas

Thank you kovidgoyal
I'd rather not but if I have no choice that's what I'll do
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should not expose your calibre server over the open internet without a password, as you could be accused of copyright violation if some books in your library are copyrighted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
sdblepas

RESOLVED

Ok
Thank you I'll add a passwd
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved out of Development. Please read the Stickies at the top forums before making posts. Thank you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote