Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Tapatalk issues

I seem unable to access the forum today via Tapatalk. Anyone else having issues?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Most likely related to Mobileread.com going HTTPS-only today. Will need to update the settings on Tapatalk's side later - then it should work again.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Probably is https ....

Did change go smoothly for you Alex ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seem unable to access the forum today via Tapatalk. Anyone else having issues?
You're not the only one!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:20 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Probably is https ....

Did change go smoothly for you Alex ?
It went quite smoothly - I've been preparing the migration for the past week or so. Will write a short announcement later. Tapatalk should then be fixed as well.
Advert
Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
It went quite smoothly - I've been preparing the migration for the past week or so. Will write a short announcement later. Tapatalk should then be fixed as well.
Thank you for all your behind the scenes stuff I never realize you do, and for a great community!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #7
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
It took me a while, but I finally got my various Tapatalks working again.

One version told me that I had to create a Tapatalk account to login to Mobileread, but that's not true. (I don't want to give Tapatalk the login credentials for all of my forums.)

In all cases, I had to delete the old Mobileread forum entry from the Tapatalk app (I closed the app to be safe) and re-add it. The biggest problem was that searching seems to be broken on older versions of the app. I was finally able to add Mobileread by searching for the full URL https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ .

Hope that helps somebody.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:21 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Tapatalk was confused when we switched to HTTPS yesterday. They don't follow 301 redirects, i.e. we had to manually adjust the forum URL in their control panel. Alas, their control panel was broken yesterday and didn't accept any changes. Tried again about an hour ago today, and this time it seemed to work.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Tapatalk is working again for me as well.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:

One version told me that I had to create a Tapatalk account to login to Mobileread, but that's not true. (I don't want to give Tapatalk the login credentials for all of my forums.)

In all cases, I had to delete the old Mobileread forum entry from the Tapatalk app (I closed the app to be safe) and re-add it. The biggest problem was that searching seems to be broken on older versions of the app. I was finally able to add Mobileread by searching for the full URL https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ .

Hope that helps somebody.
Thanks for this!

I'm using an old version too. The new one has fonts that are too small in the thread even set to large. The list of threads is ok, it's only too small reading the thread. The people at Tapatalk don't care.

I'm still having a problem though - when I tap on a link for the "originally posted by" it takes me to the browser, not to the post in Tapatalk. Is this happening to you?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Mine's working normally again, and I did nothing special on my end.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks for this!

I'm using an old version too. The new one has fonts that are too small in the thread even set to large. The list of threads is ok, it's only too small reading the thread. The people at Tapatalk don't care.

I'm still having a problem though - when I tap on a link for the "originally posted by" it takes me to the browser, not to the post in Tapatalk. Is this happening to you?
This appears to only be a problem for MobileRead. I just checked XDA and it works there.

Edit: I get a list of apps to choose from and only browsers are in that list, not tapatalk.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 01-09-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #13
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This appears to only be a problem for MobileRead. I just checked XDA and it works there.

Edit: I get a list of apps to choose from and only browsers are in that list, not tapatalk.
I noticed something that's probably related on Android. When I was trying to get Tapatalk to add Mobileread back, I noticed that when I clicked on an http link to a forum (from anywhere - in Chrome, an email message, etc), Android would offer me a choice of app to use - browsers or Tapatalk. When I clicked on an https forum link, the only apps offered were browsers, but not Tapatalk.

I'm assuming that Tapatalk is only registered in Android to handle http URIs and not https URIs. I'm not sure where to check that, unless it's buried somewhere in the developer's settings.

I wonder if there are any other settings in the Tapatalk control panel settings that need changing for Mobileread?

Last edited by bookmarked; 01-09-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:01 AM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Tapatalk is working fine here.
Thanks Alex!

If you're using an old version then I suspect you may need to upgrade if you have any bugs happening.

There's nothing wrong opening an account with Tapatalk. It's an easy way to migrate to other devices.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #15
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
I noticed something that's probably related on Android. When I was trying to get Tapatalk to add Mobileread back, I noticed that when I clicked on an http link to a forum (from anywhere - in Chrome, an email message, etc), Android would offer me a choice of app to use - browsers or Tapatalk. When I clicked on an https forum link, the only apps offered were browsers, but not Tapatalk.

I'm assuming that Tapatalk is only registered in Android to handle http URIs and not https URIs. I'm not sure where to check that, unless it's buried somewhere in the developer's settings.

I wonder if there are any other settings in the Tapatalk control panel settings that need changing for Mobileread?

I did a little more testing and I didn't have the problem on iOS (on a ancient Tapatalk v1.17.1 and a fairly recent v5.4.0). Clicking on the "originally posted by" link opens the linked post in Tapatalk.

On Android (I'm on v4.4.0), clicking those links opens a prompt to open the URL in a browser.

I don't often update Tapatalk because IMO every release gets more bloated and buggier.