Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
"Blood, steel, and dragonfire." Blood of Requiem, a new epic fantasy.

I'm proud to introduce my new epic fantasy series. Song of Dragons tells a story of blood, steel, and dragonfire.

BOOK ONE: BLOOD OF REQUIEM

Long ago stood the kingdom of Requiem, a land of men who could grow wings and scales, breathe fire, and take flight as dragons. Requiem ruled the sky.

But Dies Irae, a tyrant leading an army of griffins, hunted Requiem's people, burned their forests, and shattered their temples. Requiem fell. This ancient land now lies in ruin, its halls crumbled, its cries silenced, its skeletons littering the burned earth.

In the wilderness, a scattering of survivors lives in hiding. The griffins still hunt them, and every day promises death. Will Requiem's last children perish in exile... or once more become dragons and fly to war?

"A wholly original, gritty fantasy full of angst and epic battles." -- Robert Duperre, author of The Fall

Kindle US

Kindle UK

Nook

Smashwords

Official Website

As always, thank you for reading.

Daniel

Last edited by DArenson; 06-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Wow love the art work! I would be tempted to make that my background if you have something a little bigger. If you don't mind my asking who was the artiest and do they have a web page?

I hate to say it but cover art is what really pulls me in and makes me pick up a book. Bad cover art and I will not even pick up the book (unless I happen to already know the author). I have to give this one a read for no other reason than the cover. I should also add that I've also got Eye of the Wizard on my read list as well.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
Wow love the art work! I would be tempted to make that my background if you have something a little bigger. If you don't mind my asking who was the artiest and do they have a web page?

I hate to say it but cover art is what really pulls me in and makes me pick up a book. Bad cover art and I will not even pick up the book (unless I happen to already know the author). I have to give this one a read for no other reason than the cover. I should also add that I've also got Eye of the Wizard on my read list as well.
Likewise!

My wife (she who loves Dragons!) will be keen to read this book as well.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Oh great! Another book! I'll have to pick it up and check it out!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks guys.

We shouldn't judge books by their covers. But we do. I do too. Heck, when I was eleven years old, I started reading fantasy novels because of Larry Elmore's cover art for Dragonlance.

Fantasy is a great genre for covers. We get to include dragons, wizards, and all sorts of other creatures.

I use different artists depending on the project. You can see all my covers in high res here.

Daniel
Old 05-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
The Dragon cover is simply awesome. Love to see that available as a wallpaper!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
Thanks guys.

We shouldn't judge books by their covers. But we do. I do too. Heck, when I was eleven years old, I started reading fantasy novels because of Larry Elmore's cover art for Dragonlance.

Fantasy is a great genre for covers. We get to include dragons, wizards, and all sorts of other creatures.
We all know we should not judge a book by its cover but lets be for real we all do to some extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
I use different artists depending on the project. You can see all my covers in high res here.

Daniel
The 380 × 570 pixel image on the page you indicated is not really High Res. High res would be more like something typically put out by a 10M-12M camera. True compared to the normal thumb nails used for cover art it is high res.

On to the artists do you have any information on them that you can share? I would love to see more of their work in particularly the artists that did the covers for "Blood of Requiem" and "Eye of the Wizard".

Thanks
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
DArenson
ebookworm

rdjack21, take a look at Elena Dudina's deviantArt gallery. She created a couple covers for me. Very talented artist.

Meanwhile, Blood of Requiem received its first Amazon review today:

"I walked away from this book wanting the second one. I love dragons and this book was nothing short of excellent. I absolutely HATED the antagonist and fell in love with the main characters. I always appreciate a book that really gets you to feel passionate about the people in it and this one did it for me."

I was nervous to see what the first Amazon review would be like, so it's great to see this reader enjoyed the book.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
DArenson
ebookworm

Second review for Blood of Requiem on Amazon:

"Beautifully written, engaging, exciting. The characters are well-developed with good depth. The bad guy is vile, wicked, and ruthless. It's easy to hate him, yet you feel a bit sorry for him (but not much). Can't wait for book two!"

People seem to really hate the villain. Just what I wanted.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Tha dragon looks very much like Kerembeyit's Black

The book sounds interesting.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
Tha dragon looks very much like Kerembeyit's Black
That's him all right. Rights purchased legally from Kerem, of course. The sequel will feature another one of his dragons.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #12
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
His dragons are awesome. I saw them on another site and they were so memorable that the artist's name stuck with me (and his dragons of course).
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
His dragons are awesome. I saw them on another site and they were so memorable that the artist's name stuck with me (and his dragons of course).
For sure. I'm a fan of Kerem's work, and very lucky that I got to feature his dragons on my books.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
DArenson
ebookworm

There's a new review of Blood of Requiem and interesting discussion about it going on at this blog.

Here's a quote: "First I must say that this book has a bad guy that I just wanted to strangle. She was so evil! I have not read about such an evil character in quite some time."

So far every review of Blood of Requiem I've read spoke about how evil the villains are. I seem to have done well with them.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
DArenson
ebookworm

Kyrie Eleison, a character from Blood of Requiem, is a guest today at the blog From the Shadows. Drop by to see what Kyrie has to say about dragons, griffins, and his lost home.

In other news, author Robert Duperre (The Fall) has reviewed Blood of Requiem on his blog. Duperre writes: "This is a fantastic book that I couldn't put down, and I can't wait for the second volume.... This is a special book with an original premise and a dark and gritty storyline, a book that will excite you and make you feel something." See the full review.

Thanks for reading,

Daniel