Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
danhi
danhi began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook reader
font size rescaling doesn't

I'm a brand new user of Calibre, so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here. I'm try to take a PDF file (created with Word) and turn it into an EPub file for my Sony EBook Reader. By default, the font is too small to read. Reading the help, no problem, just use font size rescaling. I do this and it doesn't seem to have any affect, even when set to 48pt. Also, the EPub created doesn't resize when you use the button that switches between S, M and L fonts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
danhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your PDF file is an image based pdf file with scans of the pages, not actual text. Your only option is to use some OCR software to convert the images into actual text and then convert that text with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
danhi

Is this because I created it using Word? I'm starting off with a text file (with some formatting). Is there a better way to go from this to EPub?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...word-documents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can convert TXT and RTF directly to EPUB using calibre. Both are supported formats. However .doc files are not supported.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
danhi

I just created it as an HTML file and that worked great.

Thanks,

Dan