Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
supahbeel
supahbeel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Better MP3 Player for Kindle 3?

I know the Kindle isn't meant to be an iPod and the included mp3 player is "Experimental" but does anybody know if a better mp3 player is available for the K3?

The only feature I'm really missing is the ability to shuffle the songs.

I love listening to music while I read, but the thought of my music being played in the order I loaded it...after a while it's gonna get a bit dull.

Thanks!
supahbeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...52&postcount=2
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Kindle 3's MP3 playback is totally USELESS.

If you put the MP3's in the Music folder, then you have ZERO track selection capability beyond a really lame "Hit Alt-F to skip to next" - LAME!

The "aren't we clever" hack of putting your MP3's into the "Audible" folder, does cause them to be listed as 'audio books' in your home listing, but this is also incredibly LAME, because then you can't read while listening, and when it gets to the end of the track you just played IT STOPS. No 'normal' no 'shuffle' no track ordering options at all, because it isn't going to continue playing at all.

USELESS.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
riker147
riker147 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
Kindle 3's MP3 playback is totally USELESS.

If you put the MP3's in the Music folder, then you have ZERO track selection capability beyond a really lame "Hit Alt-F to skip to next" - LAME!

The "aren't we clever" hack of putting your MP3's into the "Audible" folder, does cause them to be listed as 'audio books' in your home listing, but this is also incredibly LAME, because then you can't read while listening, and when it gets to the end of the track you just played IT STOPS. No 'normal' no 'shuffle' no track ordering options at all, because it isn't going to continue playing at all.

USELESS.

So......what exactly are you trying to say?
riker147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
For anyone who stills cares:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113197
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
SpookyMunky
SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.SpookyMunky knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
The music player in Duokan is really nice, it was the main reason I gave it a go. To access it when running Duokan just hit alt+m and the player pops up in the middle of the screen, works when reading books etc *yay*. Select songs to add to playlist, then hit centre of dpad to play I think. Theres shuffle and repeat options via hitting up or down on the d-pad or something.. Very cute wee player. Hopefully someday there will be something similar on the kindle without haveing to boot into a whole different os

Sadly though there is a wierd glitch in the current copy of Duokan I stuck on ( odd spaces around ' .. e.g. there 's instead of there's ) guessing it wont be long till theres a newer copy available that hopefully fixes that, then I may switch over permamently

For english duokan instructions and install files head over to -

http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/
SpookyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote