Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Kobo Libra H2O

Thinking of buying the H20 is it easy to replace the battery in the future? I have a Pocketbook 360 Plus that I have replaced twice. How hard it it to replace a battery on the H20?

Re of the Gards,

Hidari
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:51 AM   #2
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
the battery is not easy to change, it is glued and the two cables are soldered, but maybe the biggest problem is finding a compatible battery maybe on aliexpress.
attached photo Libra.

Ciao
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200812_132513bis.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	181265  
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2020, 08:02 AM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cheers for the photo and the info. What do you reckon for the battery life on your Libra H20 will be?
Old 08-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #4
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
I really have no idea, but in my old Glo from 2013 I only changed the battery once
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Plenty of people on mobileread have old e-ink ereaders that are still usable. E-ink devices start out with such long battery life that even if it degrades somewhat over the years it's not a big issue in terms of being able to use it.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2020, 09:00 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Cheers for the photo and the info. What do you reckon for the battery life on your Libra H20 will be?
The photo gives no information on what battery to look for. That makes it less then useful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The photo gives no information on what battery to look for. That makes it less then useful.
Perhaps the info might be on the backside of that battery?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:03 AM   #8
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Plenty of people on mobileread have old e-ink ereaders that are still usable. E-ink devices start out with such long battery life that even if it degrades somewhat over the years it's not a big issue in terms of being able to use it.

Cheers for the info. I still have my PB360 plus running well. Yes, I have been around MR for a while, just dropped out for a while. Resurgent come back... Dr. Drib and JS Wolf are always good to have discussions with about ebooks and such.

Hidari.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:24 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Unlike the Kindle Keyboard, it's just a naked cell, no internal controller. The Kindle DXG and Kindle Keyboard need a specific cell pack.

The battery controller for the Libra is on the main board, like some Android tablets, so all that matters is that the replacement LiPoly is the same physical size. It's soldered. Some clear nail varnish after re-soldering will stop the joints corroding.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:45 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Cheers for the info. I still have my PB360 plus running well. Yes, I have been around MR for a while, just dropped out for a while. Resurgent come back... Dr. Drib and JS Wolf are always good to have discussions with about ebooks and such.

Hidari.

Good to have you back.

Thank you for the kind words.

(My old Pocketbook 360 [not a 'Plus'] also still works fine.)
Old 08-17-2020, 08:09 AM   #11
hidari
MR Drone

Good to Know you still use the PB360...Still the best device i ever owned E-inkwise...However I made the plunge and have the Libra H20 incoming.... Hopefully by the end of the week. Have to agree with JSWolf on the Software..Kobo and Pockebook are just more fun to play around with and way more many options and flexibility. I have bought Kindles for people who do not know readers that well, but I just cannot buy a Kindle for myself. Such is life... Miss my Opus, Kobo mini gave to a friend.

P.S. Still wish Kobo would have replaceable batteries.... easily replaceable that is...
Old 08-17-2020, 06:09 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^

I take it out a drawer every few months or so and marvel that still works and that the battery charges. However, I don't actually use it anymore. I now use my two kobos and two Kindles.