Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
Curtis66
Curtis66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
does not update metadata if I send via Dropbox

Hi, I have a wonderful Kobo Forma and I pass the epub from calibre via dropbox. The problem is that if I modify the series of a book in calibre and save the file in dropbox, when I download it from dropbox in my kobo form it doesn't recognize the series. If I send it by cable, I do recognize it. but I prefer to send it via Dropbox. Any solution? Thank you.

Last edited by Curtis66; 08-01-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Curtis66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Series is not 'official' DC metadata.
Calibre pulls a slight of hand, with direct connections, or
in the case of Kobo, the second (connection) pass updates the Kobo's DB directly.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2020, 06:12 AM   #3
Curtis66
Curtis66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
oh I understand... then I will have to add it to the title. Thanks for the reply.
Curtis66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is a mod discussed in the Kobo forum that should help here. It will read more metadata from the device when imports new books. This includes the series info, and it should work for books loaded from Dropbox. Sorry, I can't think of it's name at the moment, but it is one of the things from @geek1011.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Check the NickelSeries: Integrated EPUB/KEPUB series metadata support thread in the Kobo Developer's Corner.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert